Just seen someone selling a 2007 Legacy GT Spec B 6 Speed Swap so Axles, Driveshafts, Subframes, Diffs the lot. Now what I want to know is am I correct in saying that this drivetrain is the same as the WRX STI of that year and if so would this be an easy swap into an 01 WRX? 

It won't be an easy swap to anything else. 

Everything is slightly different to a comparable year sti.

An 01 will need a speed signal from the trans which later ones take from the ABS system instead so you need to install the sensor for that also.

Those rear axles are weird ones with r180 size on the inside and r160 on the outside

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rickit
      Gidday.....again, have a 2006 bp5 stock standard legacy auto, having trouble when the car is cold. When started from overnight the car starts good, but idles at bout 2000rmp, then after 5 seconds it drops to 800 then up to 1500rpm then the engine shakes the car considerably, and when driven like this has no power, have put new spark plugs in it OEM ones, cleaned the maf, unsure where else to look. When warm drives great and idles steady. Sorry for the long novel here but any help would be appreciated, cheers rick
    • By Banksy02
      Hi Team,

in the Market for a Manual Wagon to do some work on and improve. Saw this listing 
      https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-2586721445.htm

wondered what general issues you guys see in it? having almost 300k on the body and a unknown engine swap. It seems he has done a fair bit of work on pumps and pulleys and suspension components so seems fine to me?  Just never owned a Subi past 150kms. 

Any redflags i should be looking out for here?
  • Recent Status Updates