ginganinja

Wiring in Mac 3 port solenoid

hey guys,

Just wiring in a Mac 3 port solenoid to my GC8 factory wiring.

There is nothing on the solenoid to tell me what wire should be ground and what should be power. (I am just guessing this is what the two wires are) How do I know what is the correct way around to put the pins in the plug? 

Cheers

51 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

hey guys,

Just wiring in a Mac 3 port solenoid to my GC8 factory wiring.

There is nothing on the solenoid to tell me what wire should be ground and what should be power. (I am just guessing this is what the two wires are) How do I know what is the correct way around to put the pins in the plug? 

Cheers

I don't think it's polarity sensitive. 

What @RaKid said.

most are just a coil inside to make an electro magnet, since it is pulling a bit of metal and not another magnet the polarity won’t matter.

some are but then the wires are coloured, marked in writing or unit will be marked.

MAC ones are all black. 

the only ‘guide’ I’ve seen is to do with which side the switching is on. The ground lead should be switched which is what ECU’s and boost controllers do. Unless it’s USA v8 based stuff then some have switched positive and switched negative to choose from.