Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CAR CRUSH IS NOW LAW

As of 11:48am bill passed on the boyracer crush car law..

IT IS DA LAW NOW.. BEWARE BAD BOYS

Not sure of the full law, not worried about it either, as I dont street race, hard to believe for some of you... I know, but thank GOD from bridges.... hehe

Dont street you'll be fine they say ::) but who defines a street race?

Hyperthetical Senario: if your at the lights in your Sti and a young hoon pulls up in a rota, light turns greens, you pull away from the lights (nice and easy) and the rota boost past is that defined as a street race.

food 4 thought..

I only want to be the first to post it.. LOL dont care about it, wont effect me.

------------------

Not setting this up as argument, ok 8) :-\ (now I said that it will probably turn into one. I hope not)

Peace

You got to have 4 serious offences at least over 2 years I think it is, before crushing is even considered. Still won't affect me, so meh lol the cruise one is interesting though especially on enforcing it. As it allows local councils to create bylaws, I can see here in Chch they will be nailing the 4 aves in no time.

Im curious to see how it will affect chch, colombo runs use to be the huge thing. Then they clamped on that and it became the 4 aves, wonder if or where it will shift to now. Problem is never really addressed, just relocated to another place.

WRXER said:

Im curious to see how it will affect chch, colombo runs use to be the huge thing. Then they clamped on that and it became the 4 aves, wonder if or where it will shift to now. Problem is never really addressed, just relocated to another place.

Touge dorifto across the port hills.

WRXER said:

You got to have 4 serious offences at least over 2 years I think it is, before crushing is even considered. Still won't affect me, so meh lol the cruise one is interesting though especially on enforcing it. As it allows local councils to create bylaws, I can see here in Chch they will be nailing the 4 aves in no time.

Yeah - wonder how this will affect "the lap' around dunedin - IMO it will jsut move people out to the suburbs, exactly where you dont want them

As i said in the other thread if you get caught being a knob end 3 times then you deserve to have your car crushed and more.

If the boy racers had any sense they would have figured out there other options by now, but unfortunatly most car enthusiasts have little clue or motivation to find a proper outlet.

webup said:

Christchurch is blighted by loud exhausts that you can hear in your house through double glazing and morons doing laps of the city for fun adding to the congestion.

Where do you think they are going to go now, they arnt allowed in industrial estates atm, soon no aves.....maybe no main street, what happens when a taxi goes round the a block that has been i'd as a non BR area?

i feel its getting way to nana state, soon you will need to scan yourself before levaing the house

webup said:

Christchurch is blighted by loud exhausts that you can hear in your house through double glazing and morons doing laps of the city for fun adding to the congestion.

I found the noise not to bad.. that was staying at a motel down beally ave.

What I found really annoying was Bloody diesel buses in town with there engines idaling all nite, 10pm till 3am in the morning.

Old Skool Subbie said:

I found the noise not to bad.. that was staying at a motel down beally ave.

What I found really annoying was Bloody diesel buses in town with there engines idaling all nite, 10pm till 3am in the morning.

that noise is sooo fukin annoying id prefer the Br noises because at least it drives away!

MAD said:

Hyperthetical Senario: if your at the lights in your Sti and a young hoon pulls up in a rota, light turns greens, you pull away from the lights (nice and easy) and the rota boost past is that defined as a street race.

that's exactly what happened to me,

i got pulled over on beally ave few months ago for "anticipating in an illegal race". this was what really happened, i was comming from my place in parkland going to my mates place in riccarton and i usually drive thru beally ave. first light was red so i stopped then this dude in his wrx stopped next to me and want me to race him between the lights. as the light went green he boosted and i drove normal, few second later an undercover police car pulling me over

didnt get a ticket or anything, cop did a breath test, checked my rego and wof. maybe because i was alone he did let me go but what really pisses me off is that he stopped me not the other guy >:( >:(

this happened on a friday night, btw