Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah here we go....

Custom intake induction system (cold air box???)... notice the rough 'professionally' cut bumper

intakeandcutbumper.jpg

Loose airbag sensor cable (almost touching the front tires), no cable ties used here - must be a lightweight performance issue - to be even missing the guard liner...

looseairbagsensorcables.jpg

More exposed cables due to missing liner

loosewiringmissingguardliner.jpg

Any attempts to decorate the engine bay have failed badly...water temp gauge left there loose wires, overflow bottle cable tied in place (i even pointed out the broken brackets - but he showed little interest...) - and loose/untidy wiring in general - again use of cable ties was somewhat limited

singaporespecenginebay.jpg

The missing underbody plastic guard - illustrating the damage to the sump and underbody bracing, also exhaust

sumpdamage.jpg

yeah although the cv would be the least of his worries....look at all the other major defects, it had to be viewed to be appreciated - well worth the 30 minute drive from the city

judging by the condition of the engine bay, rusted bolts, oxidisation of aluminium bits and pieces.... i'd guesstimate the 100,000km mark if not much more km. my version 8 sti had about 70,000km on it and the whole car was still absolutely mint (aside from a small dent on the bonnet)

have worked on and seen enough cars over the years to spot that much anyway

frontangle.jpg

Swindog said:

Id just txt back you were passing his threats onto the police and tell them you feel hes a real threat as he said some dodgy stuff to you when you were driving the car.

Or go KHTFO...as i would.

Well, i did fwd his texts to Jase...does that count?

Thanks spark_38...now i know where HE lives... ;)

Shale said:

Like a cat to cream, a fly to a sandwich, a fish to a worm...

i just thought you were about to launch into another ramble that made no sense, and even if it did we knew you would never follow through!

If Trademe wanted any more "evidence" before they pull this car, all they would have to do is ring their local Subaru dealer and have the parts guys run the chassis code through the parts system. Would take all of two minutes for them to find out the seller is misrepresenting. Oh well, hopefully whoever wins the auction sees that it's clearly not of the finest 2003 WRX STI's in the country and pulls out of the deal.

Shale said:

I was going to leave that up to you, as usual.

Then again, frankly, trademe scams are far more interesting than the blubbing ;D

But ROTF laughing at you is funnier. I was having a browse through Rexnet and found a few funny as hell quotes. Here is a beauty for some good entertainment value!!!!

Mon Oct 09, 2006

Still...it may end up having almost everything switched eventually for STi stuff, excluding engine (unless I become filthy rich and can afford the conversion AND the petrol AND the constant repair bills...). As stuff breaks...STi/equiv/better equipment will go in

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:23 am

Shale is an awesome car. Handles well, has plenty of grunt, managed to be only a few seconds slower than the STis purely because it wasn't about who could launch the fastest

My money will now be going elsewhere, so until awesome bits and pieces start showing up here and there, he's staying as he is (or until things start breaking, which may be possible soon with the punishment he gets). He won't be getting the massive upgrades he was going to before...unless the Brembos I want randomly show up on the map for a good price. Ditto with the suspension etc.

Where's the cash going? New project. At least 60,000 NZD worth. Yep...Shale's being surpassed by...something new and wicked!

Introducing...Project Blackie.

The latest and last of the GDB STis is the version 10 as we know; it has a bigger engine outside of Japan, now on par with the US with a 2.5L engine. It goes into and comes out of corners far faster than the earlier Spec C (which was again faster than the standard STi), and gone is the characteristic Subaru understeer which royally bit my arse yesterday at the mudkhana (they say grasskana...I swear it was a mudkhana). And that DCCD? DRIFTINGPLZ. Hell yes.

Soon as I get the 10 (preferably a mild front-on damaged one, no internal damage or maybe some completely repairable internal damage - because I'll be ripping the face off anyway and damaged cars are cheaper), it'll be driven home and I'll have the ratchet, screwdriver and a couple of mates out to rip the face and tail lights right out to be replaced by a REAL Impreza facade - version 9

Essentially Blackie will be another deception on wheels, just like Shale. Only, Blackie will lean in the OTHER direction You think you're up against a v9 at the lights, but noooo. The v10 will undergo some mild modification to make the most out of the huge engine and NZ's somewhat lax modifying laws. Monster car? Yes please.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Talk about blubbing~~~!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

GOLD, PURE GOLD!!!

Rossmnz said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Talk about blubbing~~~!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sure its not you thats constantly blubbing?? You must be either really bored, or really into Shale to go digging up her posts from 3 years ago and dragging them across to here. You are getting to the level of stalker......Its quite sad and annoying.

its probably his mate pushing the price up. and if his mate wins then he will come up with something like oh deal never went through and relist it

Simon C said:

DPI, why on earth did he text you? I'm surprised he hasn't texted me, since he has my number and all.

Probably because i've been alerting his bidders to this thread...

And, he probably didn't know im much, much bigger than him...