Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

Also spoke with a very (VERY) reliable source who does not wish to be named (so please don't ask). The car came to NZ running very poorly off an STi ECU, the Link G3 was installed as a solution to sort out all the CELs that the car was throwing. He did not want to discuss the rest of the condition of the car on the grounds of customer privacy (which I think is fair enough and quite professional on his part). He also says that he has seen several Singapore import STis, and they are for all intents and purposes the same as JDM.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

ok so you guys are trying to shift the blame to me.

this car came to me for servicing after this customer first purchased it

this is a singapore wrx,the old onwer comfirmed this

singapore window tint codes,this is what winger subaru said to me

i replaced lf passenger window and ignition as some subaru luver tried to steal it

this is the reason for the different keys and sublab could not reprogram the transponder for some reason.replaced broken afm plug.cleaned the throttle sensor

bolted backseat in and refitted rh gaurd liner and yes lefthand side is missing

as well it had and oil and coolant change

this is i have done to this car

soopersubaru said:

lol

ok so you guys are trying to shift the blame to me.

this car came to me for servicing after this customer first purchased it

this is a singapore wrx,the old onwer comfirmed this

singapore window tint codes,this is what winger subaru said to me

i replaced lf passenger window and ignition as some subaru luver tried to steal it

this is the reason for the different keys and sublab could not reprogram the transponder for some reason.replaced broken afm plug.cleaned the throttle sensor

bolted backseat in and refitted rh gaurd liner and yes lefthand side is missing

as well it had and oil and coolant change

this is i have done to this car

The owner is trying to say you told him it is a Singapore spec WRX STi.

This is a problem for you, as ultimately it is discrediting your business and reputation.

I suggest you too get posting on there and shoot him down!

when at sublab they did a diagnostics on it, 15.5bls boost on a modified turbo this is what was on the dio sheet

the emission control sensor was faulty and some of the wiring had been played with

this was the reason for the rough idle

they also said that this model dosent come with sti ecu

so it went to the tuner to sort out,and he installed the link and removed the ecu,which he said was a sti ecu

end of story

this is not a factory spec sti

i drove this car and the gearbox is fine,

the guy who did the aa check is also an idiot,this car has done nowhere near 100,000kms as he stated

maybe 40-50 k max

Hi Sooper, thanks for clearing all that up. That makes a lot of sense given what we saw.

The seller is quite certain that you told him it's a Singapore Spec STi, and that's really the root of the problem. If he wasn't parading the car around as an STi on TradeMe, this thread wouldn't exist.

He claims complete ignorance of all mechanical aspects of the car. Apparently, the fact that you, Sublab and Gary Capper have checked it over means that (in his mind) it's as mint as he says it is. You should feel free to contact the guy and tell him to stop bringing your name into disrepute.

At the end of the day, these are the facts:

1) We have indisputable proof that the car in question is being grossly misrepresented, and is a GDA not GDB.

2) The seller is aware that he is misrepresenting the car and consciously continues to do so

3) The seller, claiming ignorance of all things mechanical, attempts to legitimise the inaccuracies of his advertising by citing his sources as the mechanics who have worked on the car (Gary Capper, Sublab, Sooper Subaru).

4) The seller knows this thread exists, and he has full right of reply to all criticisms.

Most of the aims of starting this thread have also been achieved:

1) As above, we have indisputable proof that the car isn't as advertised.

2) The purchase bid of $18500 at the time of the thread being started did not result in the sale of the car.

3) The true nature of the car is now well publicised.

4) Therefore, potential buyers can make an informed decision regarding purchase and price.

5) The seller will have a very difficult time selling the car if he continues to misrepresent it.

The aim of the thread was not to demonise the mechanics who worked on the car, only to uncover the truth.

The only other guilty party in all of this is TradeMe for not acting to protect the interests of TradeMe users when made aware of the seller and his auctions.

So I agree, the issue is pretty much concluded?

One of the bidders dropped out after i sent him a link to the thread, said thanks for the info too, by the way.

The guy who's top bidder now also had a message, no reply though so could be Singapore Boy's brother, Aunty etc...