Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soopersubaru said:

also when buying a new subaru from the factory

you have options which you can select

trim

transmission

engine spec

colour

interior

etc

This is true but most options, should it be an STI wil have factory options you cannot change, ie the 6speed to a 5 speed. Thevin and chassis number will denote what options have been applied to this car but the overall model code will determine what factory options you will have. THe car in question has simply been tampered with and factory options on a factory WRX will not include mismatch sti parts.

Here is my txt conversation with him the evening after we looked at the car:

SSSTi: Hey mate. Just wondering what your thoughts were on my car?

Me: To be fair mate, it's a pretty rough example compared to most we've seen.

Me: The amount of money required to address all the issues we saw on it would amount to a lot of time and money.

SSSTi: Fair enough. It is alot cheaper tho.

Me: It would be cheaper to buy a mint V7 STi and facelift it to V8.

Me: Hopefully you got it for a bargain. I think that you should be happy with what the auction is already going for, any extra is a bonus.

SSSTi: Ha. I wnt b leting it go for any les than 17k. Gd luck. Finding 1 at that price. Cherz anyway

His txts are interesting.

Its obvious hes more than a little misguided and bought it as a money spinner.

He knows full well that its not a good example of a sti let alone a wrx.

Typical car shark.

Will just have to let the person who buys it deal with a small claims misrepresentation case. Poor buggers.

But the only way it will sell by the looks is someone who wont test drive it. Just keep up the pressure on the auction. If he doesnt answer, someone will notice the 100 odd unanswered questions.

Drunkenmonkey said:

also has v7 wheels v9 are 5x114 and rear lights look like v7.... q &a are interesting

This is a facelifted V7 STi, the seats, cluster, and the rest of the interior are from a V7 (except the wheel) , the exterior is from a V8 , but it is a genuine STi, just a 'V7.5'

dont know. dont really care rea. its a nicer sti then the other crappy on that simon spotted. at least its got all the sti bits.

can easily find out just ask him for the plate or the vin number

17k Haha what is he smoking, I want some it must be some strong sh!t

Speeding in a child zone is just plan unacceptable, just shows what kind of man he really is :o bet those mother and father must have been very impressed selling this STI spec car racing around ::)

Turned head.... yeah for a different reason

spark_38 said:

Yeah ditto, not something you do in your own neighbourhood anyway....ah well decided i'll be keeping my "version 7" coupe for a while now, but been 2 years so maybe time for a different car...

yeah im selling my ver8 sti coupe soon

SPANKU']

[quote name='spark_38 said:

Yeah ditto, not something you do in your own neighbourhood anyway....ah well decided i'll be keeping my "version 7" coupe for a while now, but been 2 years so maybe time for a different car...

/quote]

yeah im selling my ver8 sti coupe soon

So it's not just me that gets board with a perfectly good car after a year or so. Have to pass that on to my other half.

Yeah

Text was:

I know where u live u piece of sht. U better watch your every step

However, i guessed it was singapore fried rice man, and double checked his number on here...

His reply to my expletive reply:

U nd to find a hobby mate. Itz funi yr mate jasn only bagn my kar coz he drves a sht v5 and is jealous, What do u drve a honda city or sumthn

This guy is seriously outa his mind...