• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dif and trans oil

you did say "best"

Trans/front diff Motul 300

http://www.motul.co.nz/product_line_up/gear_box/gear01.html

Rear diff Motul 90 PA

http://www.motul.co.nz/product_line_up/gear_box/gear10.html

Will cost just under $200 for the needed 4L for trans, i gave up there coz im poor, guessing the 1 litre of rear diff stuff will be around $40 as well.

Mag and turbo can order this in for you.

Not from personal experience, just from hours of research online.

If your like me and not keen on spending ~$250 bucks on juice.

Castrol Multitrax 75w90 was like $40 for the whole 4L

and then i went with Valvoline HP Gear Oil LS90 for R.Diff $17?

Got both from supercheap auto.

Just make sure whatever you buy has GL-5 rating and the recommended weight is 75w90. May want to go bit Thicker if using on track, too hold up to higher temps.

Dont believe anyone who tells you to use lightweight shock proof redline oil in your diff, Me and a good mate both used it in our plated LSD's abd they both whine now, his was even clunking and biting like a bung CV.

We've both changed to Motul 90PA his has stopped clunking but both are still whining, no fixing that once the damage is done.

Stoffa said:

Dont believe anyone who tells you to use lightweight shock proof redline oil in your diff, Me and a good mate both used it in our plated LSD's abd they both whine now, his was even clunking and biting like a bung CV.

We've both changed to Motul 90PA his has stopped clunking but both are still whining, no fixing that once the damage is done.

Il be asking you very soon what to put in my plated rear, and 6mt sir

I'v got RedLine in trans and diff, no complaints here other then it's a bit notchy when cold other then that it seems to be doing it's job, just remember you need there LSD oil for the rear.

Gearbox... TOTAL TRANSMISSION TM 80W90

Rear Diff... TOTAL AMTEX TRANS LSD 75W90 FULL SYN

Both available (as far as I know) from Wingers in Auckland!

:) - also; Team Peugeot Total & Team Subaru Total FTW!!!!

The motul 90 PA is LSD oil.

I still use Lightweight Shockproof in my gearbox, as it was very notchy when I got my car, its been smooth ever since, its good for hiding problematic gearbox issues.

I know of one performance shop in welli that wont use it in race cars as it doesn't keep it's original consistancy, I guess thats from too much heat on the track though.

Total Oils are available from Capital City Parts in Taranaki st Wellington is anyone wants to know, I got a mate who owns a euro workshop and swears by total products

funkytown']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

/quote]

Il be asking you very soon what to put in my plated rear, and 6mt sir

I would check with gear tech, but I would say Motul 90 PA, motul also do a VERY high grade diff oil but its about $50 per litre

R.D said:

you did say "best"

Trans/front diff Motul 300

http://www.motul.co.nz/product_line_up/gear_box/gear01.html

Rear diff Motul 90 PA

http://www.motul.co.nz/product_line_up/gear_box/gear10.html

Will cost just under $200 for the needed 4L for trans, i gave up there coz im poor, guessing the 1 litre of rear diff stuff will be around $40 as well.

Mag and turbo can order this in for you.

Not from personal experience, just from hours of research online.

If your like me and not keen on spending ~$250 bucks on juice.

Castrol Multitrax 75w90 was like $40 for the whole 4L

and then i went with Valvoline HP Gear Oil LS90 for R.Diff $17?

Got both from supercheap auto.

Just make sure whatever you buy has GL-5 rating and the recommended weight is 75w90. May want to go bit Thicker if using on track, too hold up to higher temps.

Castrol multitrax works mint in my Legacy, sweet as cold shifting too

• 3 months later...
 Jimbob said:

whats recomended for front and rear for auto and rear diff out of a 96 rs?

front diff is a GL5 rated mineral 80w90, rear diff i recommend a synthetic GL5 rated 75w90 or cheaper alternative is the same 80w90 as front diff.

auto trans you can just use a standard dexron3 fluid. or at my work we use the latest higher spec Caltex ATF-J fluid for all autos.

driftrex']

[quote name='Jimbob said:

/quote]

front diff is a GL5 rated mineral 80w90, rear diff i recommend a synthetic GL5 rated 75w90 or cheaper alternative is the same 80w90 as front diff.

auto trans you can just use a standard dexron3 fluid. or at my work we use the latest higher spec Caltex ATF-J fluid for all autos.

cheers and how much diff oil in each?

Jimbob']

[quote name='Jimbob said:

/quote]

cheers and how much diff oil in each?

rear diff = 0.8litres

front diff = 1.2 litres

DRFVDR said:

Maybe we should make up some sort of list as to fluid capacity and type

yea dunno how many times ive answered the same question.

or i could put a link to the caltex website we use at work which tells you any oil and capacity for any car/4wds.

DRFVDR said:

WOW awesome Davo I will so use this

MAKE THIS A STICKY :) :) :) :) :)

haha yea its real handy, and has pretty much every car you will ever need to check up. we use this at work or we have a book from chevron which tells us what alternative/cheaper grades we can use as well, info thats not on that website.

the brands dont matter so much but its lists all the required specs/grades as well which is awesome. its also constantly been updated.

and yes someone please sticky or put this in the appropriate place so the same questions dont keep been asked.

DRFVDR said:

Not Quite I looked up a Toyota Hiace KZH116G No listing as per usual if u dont get it in OZ they dont care :)

im sure you can find something there of similar year and driveline, the chassis number wont always be there as there are so many different ones.