Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Is this for real!!!?

R.D

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/subaru/impreza+wrx+sti/1841846/

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/subaru/impreza+wrx+sti/1418462/

2 grand!! http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/subaru/impreza+wrx/2969891/

STI's for ~3grand NZ.

So many of them so cheap, low kms, mint condish. The site is so big it cant be non ligit.

Shipping + everything else only comes to like 2k.

mmmm not sure ay somethings fishy, bound to be something they hiding?? maybe buyers premium?? like turners have??......that second car looks like a wrx dressed up as a STI??

Once you add up all the fees (customs, freight etc ) there is not going to be alot of difference between those prices and NZ

Since they are pre 2000 it can't be registered as a road car... lol

I would doubt unless you can claim/prove its a classic car of some sort - that you can import a car that does not meet NZ current safety stds.

Plus you have to own the car 12 months previous and if you sell said car within 2 years your up for import duty tax.

ReubenH said:

3 things. Those cars are in japan, those are the japanese prices for the cars, pretty ordinary.

2nd, the $ value is US$'s, so times it by about 1.5 to get $'s NZ

3rd, that's before shipping and certification.

you can change the dollars into NZ dollars on the right. Still cheap as!

but say that 3rd link, in NZ dollars its 2.3 grand. Plus 1.5-2k (shipping etc etc). Thats a pretty mint wrx for around 4grand all up. that is a sweet deal.

the 2nd 1 ver2, looks like it has a harness on the seat lol

cheap as tho but worth the hassle? close mate brought in a crashed 99wrx few years ago and workd out once fixed, new wheels and mates rate paint job was 9g, but was dam mint in the end and 80 od ks sold it for 12.5g

its werid coz there is like type R's for say 7grand NZ (YES PLEASE), but then there is also the same cars for like 15grand, what they would be selling for here.

its veryy interesting. If only i had enough balls to buy one.

R.D said:

its werid coz there is like type R's for say 7grand NZ (YES PLEASE), but then there is also the same cars for like 15grand, what they would be selling for here.

its veryy interesting. If only i had enough balls to buy one.

problem is even if you do buy one and import it, you still cant get it road registered here as explained earlier, so its not really cheap at all, pretty expensive parts car.

even then you dont really know what your getting til it lands here and you can go check it out.

wrx_lou said:

Yeah, unless your going through a reputable company or actualy flying over to personaly pick something out, its gonna be a gamble.

this is very true. A huge gamble, one that could pay off greatly. But i'd never have the balls to do it haha

R.D']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Yeah, unless your going through a reputable company or actualy flying over to personaly pick something out, its gonna be a gamble.

/quote]

this is very true. A huge gamble, one that could pay off greatly. But i'd never have the balls to do it haha

i dont see how it could pay off, you cant register any of those lol. unless you want a track car, then just find one here thats dereg for around the same price.

if these were such good deals then we would all be doing it wouldnt we? this isnt exactly something new.

R.D']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

3 things. Those cars are in japan, those are the japanese prices for the cars, pretty ordinary.

2nd, the $ value is US$'s, so times it by about 1.5 to get $'s NZ

3rd, that's before shipping and certification.

/quote]

you can change the dollars into NZ dollars on the right. Still cheap as!

but say that 3rd link, in NZ dollars its 2.3 grand. Plus 1.5-2k (shipping etc etc). Thats a pretty mint wrx for around 4grand all up. that is a sweet deal.

Your abit light on costs

-----------------------------

Total C.I.F. Costs e.g. @ 2,700 NZD Incl. GST (Subject to exchange rate variation). Including:

•FOB Fee (Japan)

•MAF & LTSA Fees (Japan)

•Odometer Inspection (Japan)

•Ocean Freight (Japan)

•Maritime Insurance (Japan)

•Customs Clearance (NZ)

•Port Service Charge - PSC (NZ)

•Transport to Compliance Center (NZ)

E.g. $2,700

Then there is the NZ costs

•GST on Vehicle & Shipping Cost @ approx. $600

•Vehicle Compliance @ $400 Incl. GST

registration @ $250

Compliance variables @ approx. $0 - $300

So at least $4500

As above to meet frontal impact standards your looking at cars made arround 2000 +

Also you need to meet the emissons standards as well.

A 1996 WRX will definitely fail frontal impact and probably immisions as well.