Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I want YOUR advice - Help me buy a car!!!!!!!!!

Guest r0ksta

any muffler shop can mak you one it would probly be cheaper to buy a muffler from trademe or another shop and get some one like pit stop to fit it any where between 60-100 depends on if you want it from the diff( make up a flange so you can put the standerd one back on) or just lop off the old muffler and weld the new one on. size of a bigbore id go with a 2.5" inlet and a 4"-4.5" outlet will give you a nice sound

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r0ksta

hmm If I do get it I might have to get some advice from you or someone re the rear muffler, would pit stop around the corner from you out at westgate know anything?

you've asked the same question about the exhaust multiple times...the answer isn't going to change. to get the sound, all you need to do is replace the muffler.

I found some, in auckland, on trademe, easy as...

the first link might not be in such great condition, but for $50 you could just use the can and throw the rest out if you felt like it...

slightly rusty

Blitz Exhaust

Guest r0ksta
 jake_the_muss said:

you've asked the same question about the exhaust multiple times...the answer isn't going to change. to get the sound, all you need to do is replace the muffler.

I found some, in auckland, on trademe, easy as...

the first link might not be in such great condition, but for $50 you could just use the can and throw the rest out if you felt like it...

slightly rusty

Blitz Exhaust

Yea I know ive asked the same question, because I keep being told, just replace the muffler, but ah hello, with what??? I have no idea im no expert in this stuff.

Thank you for posting your links, that is what I want to know what I should be getting.

Would that Blitz exhaust attract the attention of the blue & reds?

dude some questions you need to answer yourself, otherwise these guys may aswell do up your car for you as they see fit.

for a muffler, get on trademe and look around, theres so many out there.

-smurff

those two links i posted had more than you need. all you need is the muffler at the back. just didn't see any on TM in the minute I devoted to looking...

the blitz one might attract some attention, as well as not pass a WOF, depending on how loud it is. I have a Blitz exhaust, but it came with a silencer. still sounds like a subie, but it's quiet enough to pass wof.

go to your local pitstop or whatever, they should be able to sort you out. or keep looking on trademe for a muffler...

Guest r0ksta

What do you do if your WOF fails due to the exhaust? Should it be best to buy an exhaust where you can shove that baffle thing in for it then take it out after?

r0ksta said:

What do you do if your WOF fails due to the exhaust? Should it be best to buy an exhaust where you can shove that baffle thing in for it then take it out after?

Yep that is a good idea, usually i just look at pics on TM and pic what i think would look the best and buy it... :P

then just go to your local pitstop and say 'fit that please', pay the moneys, done.

Guest r0ksta

is there any brand or size or whatever? could I just go to a mag & turbo or pit stop and ask them to sort something out?

go to pitstop, rock in there and say i want this to have the suby rumble, no doubt the will know the recipe for this, then you can buy one of their mufflers...problem solved, shouldnt even take long if they are not busy.

Guest r0ksta

Sweet sounds simple enough! Thats what Ill do. Dont want anything glitzy or flash, just got to get THAT sound!

Yo are Westgate Pit Stop worth going to?

r0ksta said:

Sweet sounds simple enough! Thats what Ill do. Dont want anything glitzy or flash, just got to get THAT sound!

Yo are Westgate Pit Stop worth going to?

dunno, try them and tell us :P

-smurff

pit stop west gate are fine i used to work there lol now work next door at repco haha but still help them out when they are short staffed. as for mufflers either pitstop or repco can help you out as for the size of the muffle 2.5"inlet and 4"-4.5" outlet will look good and sound good.

Guest r0ksta
 swiftbrad said:

this guy cant seem to form an opinion of his own, 15 pages in an this is gettin old

Gees, thanks.

What do you think forums are for fool?

Guest r0ksta

What about the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust or Apexi N1? What about those exhaust tips that have that sort of purple tint to them on the tip?

I had a blitz nur on my WRX YEARS ago sounded pretty good. They come with a battle ay?

holy crap, go to pit stop already would you.

the purple tip is for looks.

there are threads on here about exhausts go find them or google for the manufatures website and actually have a read about the exhausts your looking at.

-smurff

Guest r0ksta

Just got the inspection report back. Does not sound that great on the gold subaru GTB

Key points:

Loose brakets hanging down in engine bay, clutch fluid dirty, one of the cylinders below normal compression

tyres all weird wear from 1mm to 5mm to 3mm, tail lamps not working, transmission mountings damaged/insecure, front pinion seal leaking oil, lacking power, driveline diff leaking oil, then on the body condition it has 'evidence of body alingment marks', what does that mean?

evidence of collision damage in the front end, underbody component bent, plus minor stone chips misc etc what do you guys think? dodge or just AA over talk?