Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I want YOUR advice - Help me buy a car!!!!!!!!!

Guest r0ksta

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r0ksta

Hey man

where abouts are you located? far from VTNZ Sylvia Park? Give me a txt 021 039 7939, Once I see how tomorrow morning will play out I might take you up on your offer if your keen for a quick ride down to Pukekohe?

Price an issue now? just go to the full extent of your budget, you only need it for a year don't you? you'll be trading it in on a brand new BMW anyway.

Guest r0ksta
 sharktale said:

Price an issue now? just go to the full extent of your budget, you only need it for a year don't you? you'll be trading it in on a brand new BMW anyway.

Correct you are but Im not into wasting money on something that will depreciate massively or isnt really worth it in the first place. More about effecient spending, more bang for my buck you see old chap.

Guest r0ksta

sure did man, give me a txt if you can, numbers on here somewhere. just so I have your number then I can txt you in morn once I know whats happening as I might not get down to Pukekohe

r0ksta']

[quote name='sharktale said:

Price an issue now? just go to the full extent of your budget, you only need it for a year don't you? you'll be trading it in on a i]brand[/i] new BMW anyway.

Correct you are but Im not into wasting money on something that will depreciate massively or isnt really worth it in the first place. More about effecient spending, more bang for my buck you see old chap.

old chap haha, ok grass hopper.

Guest r0ksta

OK

Got this one checked this morn at VTNZ Sylvia Park

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=274669297

Pretty much nothing really wrong as far as they could see apart from cosmetic stone chips and the like.

Issues they made notice of:

Headlight fading, ie the glass fading

- whats the remedy for that? is it a big issue?

A lip can be felt on the brake discs, and the rear pads are low, so just need replacing I guess???

Rear C.V Boot needs clip to hold it in place, CV is fine just the boot needs a clip? Nothing major?

Given its lowered on adjustables the front tyre rubs a little whe in full lock on the inner plastic guard, I had a look, its only slight and hardly noticible.

Oh and a negotiating factor, theres a nail in one of the tyres, not that the owners would have known anyhow as its pretty hard to see but still, needs a new tyre, or a whole new set.

Cambelt was done at 100,000kms on it, its been serviced and its due another service now.

Minor oil leak on turbo, bolt missing on cambelt cover - major or usual?

Apart from that, given it has a good exterior wash & polish, its pretty awesome.

OH

And I had a look at the engine plate thing and it says its a BE5 blah blah but ends in a D!

Does this mean it a D model????

Oh and that white one (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=276760311) seems dodgy, it was down in pukekohe and I was going to have a look at it this morn while the black one was getting its check and I got hold of the dude and he said 'sorrz ben in a accident this morn' so hmmm dont sound good so scrub that one.

What do you guys think on the black one given what the report says and It seems pretty good overall, drives well etc etc no noises out of the ordinary when planting the foot and braking so hmmm??? Whats a good negotiating figure to start with on it IF at all do you think???? Could be a deal done today so LET ME KNOW what you think!

ALTERNATIVELY

On a tangent, just a wild side note, what about this thing?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/Legacy/auction-276149548.htm

Guest r0ksta

Seiously guys its between the black RSK b4 & the gold wagon....!!!!

What should I do!

The black RSK re nail in tyre came out find. The CV boot cliped back on OK so it seems like all in all its pretty good except minor cosmetic things. But i AM keen on that gold wagon, given the fact of lower kms, seems tidy and got sunroofs.

Its the clash, whats the go? Im in no hurry really, theres plenty of them around if you had to choose one but these are now the pref.

personally i would go wagon cause i work in the trade and need a wagon but would not pay 10k for it as for the black one with the turbo leaking oil im sure that mean the seals are going which means another turbo new is in the thousand but can just put a second hand one on, can use that for bargaining i like the fact it has the coil overs and exhaust done, i guess see who will go bottom dollar if the wagon will go lower go for that then you have a bit of coin to spend on goodies

Guest r0ksta

I think ill get the Gold wagon checked out and then make a toss up decision, the black RSK is nice tho, nothing else wrong with it.

Can anyone tell me if it says D at the end of the BE5XXX stuff that its a revision D one?

Hey drunkenmonkey, was going to go to pukekohe this morn but the dude rekoned his car was in a prang this morn? hmmm dodge

doesn't mean anything. for it to be a rev D, it has to say BE5Dxxxxxx, not BE5AxxxxxxD

for the record, I like the b4 sedans, but if the wagon checks out all good, I think that's what I'd go for. buy it, and if you don't like it i'll trade you my white b4. lol.

Guest r0ksta

Yea, just confirmed it was not rev D, I just read the code wrong.

Anyhow yea, Ill get the wagon checked, seem like for the cash it could be the best bang for the buck providing it comes up clean etc.......

....develpments afoot.

Guest r0ksta

Sweeet as. Man, Ive got my clubsub banner sticker sitting here I bought AGES ago when I had a RS-B and cant wait to slap it on the next subaru that I end up with!

Guest r0ksta

Yea, could be quite nice but it was pricey, have to factor in the stuff I want to do to it, ie lowering springs, exhaust etc so it would blow the budget, hence looking at a lower priced one so I can do what I can with it. Tempted just to bite the bullet and buy the black one, but keen to look at the gold wagon

yeaw the black one looks nice but i would be looking into the oil leaking from the turbo try and find where its comeing from. if its from the oil feed or return its not to bad but if its from the compresor or any where like that i would leave it