Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I want YOUR advice - Help me buy a car!!!!!!!!!

Guest r0ksta

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r0ksta

Just done a carjam on it and its on the drip, how does one get around that if you wanted to purchase it with cash? Never dealt with vehicles on the drip before?

Could be thrashed had only 3 actual owners, 3 dealer owners. both current & previous owners had it on the drip, which (no offence to those out there) that they could be young fullas?

r0ksta said:

Whats the snorkel thing you speak of again?

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ccgrant/cai.htm

The basic idea is to remove that chamber that sits inside the front right hand guard. It is designed to muffle the sound of turbo spool and the factory bov. Removing it also removes a restriction in the air intake that affects flow at high rpm.

Having had that removed, you can now hear the turbos spooling and the factory bov venting back into the intake. It isn't as sharp or loud as a bov venting to the atmosphere but it is a free modification.

Absolutely! But the snorkelectomy may achieve a satisfactory result for basically no money outlay. Also, it is probably more insurance company friendly ;)

Re the coilovers, I haven't.

Guest r0ksta

I just found a fresh import on a yard of a black manual RSK b4 2001 with sunroof....hmmmm decisions

RE Exhasts

What is the best to get that subaru sound, so far no one has been able to pin point what you do to get that sound right? Surely its not that hard?

Guest r0ksta

its narrowed down to these 2 this evening:

2000 Subaru Legacy Blitzen

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=274513876

2000 Subaru Legacy RSK-B4

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=274669297

#2 is getting inspected tomorrow morning.

#1 Im awaiting the dude to let me know when he can get it inspected. Im keen on either one but both seem quite fine overall. #1 is on the drip, anyone bought a car when its currently on the drip? Do you pay the finance company off first then the balance to the owner (depending on what buy price is struck?)

Guest r0ksta

The black one has a few cosmetic things but is it really the better option?

Any more reasons why? Not questioning your opinion just curious etc so I can make an informed decision.

Damm I like the Blitzen ones but hate red & the other other silvers or black Blitzens are autos or too expensive

If i had to i COULD stretch to this one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=275531717

But hmmm, I just like the Blitzen badge, wheels and spoiler really......:( I WANT ONE!

r0ksta said:

The black one has a few cosmetic things but is it really the better option?

Any more reasons why? Not questioning your opinion just curious etc so I can make an informed decision.

Damm I like the Blitzen ones but hate red & the other other silvers or black Blitzens are autos or too expensive

If i had to i COULD stretch to this one

But hmmm, I just like the Blitzen badge, wheels and spoiler really......:( I WANT ONE!

I'd choose the black one because:

- 30,000km is quite a large mileage distance

- They appear to be the same generation of engine (neither is a revision D) so no advantage there.

- The tyres on the black one (GSD3's) look in good nick and are a good set of tyres

- You want a lowered one and the black one is lowered in the more expensive way ;)

- For some reason, I just get this feeling that the silver one has had a hard life as of late.

- The other one is silver.... ewwwwww ;)

Guest r0ksta

Hey spot me

Just had some images of the silver Blitzen come through, looks like its not as good as its made out. One photo shows the engine bay and the radiator has in chalk (bE legacy) so probably has been replaced and bought from some used parts car place. Its owned by some cow cocky whos got a car (only a few thousand dollars worth) on the drip, farmers a loaded arnt they haha.

Seems a little dodgy so I think it might slip by.

What about this white one here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=276760311

Going to look at it tomorrow morn down Pukekohe way.

Like said, I could stretch to this one but It rather not go to the full extent of my budget:

Good, skip the silver one.

The white one:

1 - the leather seats look fairly worn

2 - it has the mcintosh stereo (this is a good thing!)

3 - it should be the revision D engine which is also a good thing

4 - it has the japanese satnav/climate control thingy which Keltik has had some success turning into a tv

5 - I tend to be a little dubious when they say two tyres new... ideally they should be replacing all four at the same time.

I'd say it is worth a look. It doesn't appear to be lowered though.

Drunkenmonkey said:

what time tomorrow you going? and 15k WAY over priced

Especially since it'll be due for it's 100,000km service soon.

Guest r0ksta

Im heading to Sylvia Park VTNZ at 8AM tomorrow to where the black one is getting checked over.

From there Im heading down to Pukekohe all being well to check out the white one, then back to VTNZ to see the result of the black ones report.

Anyone going to be around?

The white one possibly tickles the fancy, its the only other white manual one in Auckland that seems ok.

Is someone playing Michael Jackson on iTunes? damm its me

Hehehe, could take you for a thrash in the GTB ;)

Both Drunken and I are in that part of town. You should def take someone along that has driven a few of these...

Ninja edit, Drunken beat me to it!

Guest r0ksta

Cool!

Like said, Im meeting the black car down at VTNZ Sylvia Park to sort out this pre purchase check, then probably going to head down from there (depending on how long its going to take to get this inspection done) to Bombay, just off the road from the BP down bombay to look at that white one (which I must say has come up on the carjam check nice & clean, 2 NZ owners not bad, average kms etc)

then head back to VTNZ and get the report so if anyone was around hit us up, 021 039 7939