• Current Donation Goals

HannesNel

Headlight clearing

7 posts in this topic

HI Guys

So I was planning to go the wetsand route (600,800,2000) then clearcoat it and wax it.

Now i saw this video :

Did anyone try it? comments? what would last longer and be better for the headlights?

I used the Mothers NuLens stuff. Did a great job.

Comes with 800, 1200 and 3000 sanding pads, PowerBall and NuLens clear plastic polish.

Have a nosey in my Garage thread (in my forum signature) if you're curious.

I know guys here have done the multiple grit wet sanding, Clear, then wax.

Probably the only thing I can think of is to use an Enamel Clear (someone correct me if you should use Lacquer).

I just used the CRC headlight doctor product on my Nissan Fuga and was really impressed with the result. Took a bit of elbow grease but the missus helped out xD

Can get it from like repco on sale for like $13

On 11/19/2018 at 4:15 PM, Individualities said:

I used the Mothers NuLens stuff. Did a great job.

Comes with 800, 1200 and 3000 sanding pads, PowerBall and NuLens clear plastic polish.

I've used the RainX kit which sounds similar to the kit above, and its great, but the tiny sanding pads clog so quickly it becomes kinda hard to use. 

I'd consider purchasing 3 big sheets of sandpaper for about $1 each and some headlight sealer. Probably similar price all up but it will last you longer.

19 hours ago, RaKid said:

I'd consider purchasing 3 big sheets of sandpaper for about $1 each and some headlight sealer. Probably similar price all up but it will last you longer.

Exactly. Wet sand paper too. That way the paper doesn't clog up as fast. The 3000 grit pad in the NuLens kit is basically like a fine scotch brite pad.

2 minutes ago, Individualities said:

Exactly. Wet sand paper too. That way the paper doesn't clog up as fast. The 3000 grit pad in the NuLens kit is basically like a fine scotch brite pad.

Yup, nice - much better way to go about it now that I've purchased the entire kit.