Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V 7 sti

lunchie

As far as I know there is no such thing. Some of the models got the new Xenon headlights but thats about it.

Also there is no difference between the NZ new's and the Japanese spec car's, NZ got the Jap ones with all the option boxes ticked!

The facelift could just be the slightly different front grill.

subiv5 said:

As far as I know there is no such thing. Some of the models got the new Xenon headlights but thats about it.

Also there is no difference between the NZ new's and the Japanese spec car's, NZ got the Jap ones with all the option boxes ticked!

It was officially known as the Type B revision, on all cars post-Sept 01.

On STi limited to cosmetics; deeper air intake, black six star Subaru badge for the grille plus a small STi badge, STi badge on bootlid, dark glass on HID equipped cars, pink STi stickers on foglight covers. Mechanicals were unchanged so no power/torque increase.

Only non-STi engines got mechanical upgrades like revised intake system, pistons, ignition.

TM car has all the above except the black Subaru badge.

But seller is being disingenuous by saying the car is NZ new, it's an import.

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=aml153

newsuba']

[quote name='subiv5 said:

/quote]

It was officially known as the Type B revision, on all cars post-Sept 01.

On STi limited to cosmetics; deeper air intake, black six star Subaru badge for the grille plus a small STi badge, STi badge on bootlid, dark glass on HID equipped cars, pink STi stickers on foglight covers. Mechanicals were unchanged so no power/torque increase.

Only non-STi engines got mechanical upgrades like revised intake system, pistons, ignition.

TM car has all the above except the black Subaru badge.

But seller is being disingenuous by saying the car is NZ new, it's an import.

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=aml153

worth the asking price?/ if not what would it be worth?

Don't you love the comment he made?

"""Registered as 01 model but actually a 02 revision (suspension tweak and slightly more torque). ""

Oh yes, and what upgrades are those from an 01 to a 02 V7? Gee, my late '01 must have those suspension tweaks and higher torque also then? I must remember this when I sell mine...

The other classic is "finest example on TM", or he takes the cake with "best in the country" and "looked at 5 others".

I'm pretty tired of these guys. Trouble is, some non-subaru guy might just believe him.

I also find 5000km on NZ roads per year hard to believe. Furthermore if it arrived in NZ in early Jan '02, second hand. Find it hard to believe it even is a "late 01", not that it makes any difference.

cosmetic differences were front grill and rear badging else all the same

difference in ecu mapping and apperently it had more torque (slightly) but really not all that different in performance

the main difference was that the ecu between 00 and 01 models in the early v7

01 and 02 - not much between them ay

on this topic, can someone share some light on the difference between the V7 STI 2000,2001 and 2002 models... I am confused with this.... they all look the same... hope they are.. :)

substirex said:

on this topic, can someone share some light on the difference between the V7 STI 2000,2001 and 2002 models... I am confused with this.... they all look the same... hope they are.. :)

2000 and 2001 look the same front wise

late 2001 and 2002 have a different grill in front and different boot badge

pretty much its a subtle difference and not really worth much unless u looked hard enough.

mechanically the same except the excu is different between all the years but they all seem to go pretty much the same

RAYDEO said:

getting back into the club scene Ben?

get a V8!

yeah probably I had the bike for a while, was fun but yeah hoping to hold off buying anything for a while untill I have a wee bit for dosh for a v7+.... the self restraint is proving difficult as GC8's are just so dam cheap now

pappu said:

from what i notice, there are 4 silver v7 sti in the club so far..

me

familyman

me old wert

one other person from auckland but cannot remember name

mine not silver. Went for originality and bought blue.

One on tard me looks alright too. But mine has tilting lights too yet not spec c.

familyman']

[quote name='pappu said:

from what i notice, there are 4 silver v7 sti in the club so far..

me

familyman

me old wert

one other person from auckland but cannot remember name

/quote]

mine not silver. Went for originality and bought blue.

oh hahahaha yea original hahaha good one man!

Oesnam said:

He just doesn't know for sure i think, because I'm pretty sure version 7's came standard with tilt lights.

Even my B4 has it... :-\

yea bro.. for the HID lol.. the spec C had the non HID poor mans impreza bug eye lol