Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Gear Ratio Calculator/Grapher

Guest lan_killa

• General Member

yea i know and I am just lazy - plus Open office didnt like me copy/pasting some values for some reason

but yea good work and gear/ratio speeds are handier than the catherine simple top speed chart

Guest Fastfour

According to the spreadsheet Im lookin at 293km/h lol

And the stickers will add and extra few km/h at least.....

Guest lan_killa
 JoKer said:

heh - what was wrong with the top sped calc on the catherine site? apart from being in mph...

same result 269.54

TY752VBCAA (BG5C GTB)

would be cool if you could just copy paste gearbox code rather than all the values :P

yes that would be cool, BUT i cant be arsed entering 50odd subaru gearboxs into another sheet... also this wasnt created as subaru specific, can be used on anything

Owen Evans

http://app.touchdowntv.com/TDPortal/Default.aspx?pageId=469&tabId=2

Owen Evans

In 1996 racing driver Owen Evans broke the New Zealand land speed record three times in one day, on a long stretch of straight road near Reporoa that had been especially closed for the record attempt. But not content with the 350 kmph he’d already clocked up, Owen went out for another run to try for an even faster time – an attempt that nearly cost his life. At 370 kmph a tyre blew out, sending the car catapulting and bouncing multiple times before finally coming to rest in a paddock. Horrified spectators were certain no-one could come out of the disintegrated car alive. But Owen was alive – although with injuries including a fractured skull, many broken ribs, both lungs collapsed, both legs broken, smashed kneecaps, and his left arm almost torn off. The G-forces at impact were so extreme he’d even lost his sight. And in the first critical minutes after the accident his heart stopped seven times. And not only did Owen live but, after two years of surgeries, he even returned to racing. He says he’s as passionate about it now as he ever was. Teenage sons Simon and Mitchell have also followed him into motorsport and are well known on the karting circuit.

Guest lan_killa

Yeh, Owen Evans in the Lighting Direct Porsche... The wrecked shell is sitting at southwards car museum just north of wellington if memory serves me correctly.

JoKer said:

last one was when all those Top Secret built cars came over from Japan IIRC

was in NZPC

is a road around palmy, one near Hamiton that has also been used Canal Road IIRC

Canal Rd like 5mins from my home there is NOOOOOO way you would drive faster than 120 down that road now its fucked as its all peat land so has settled heaps...

Guest boostin

You could always sit the car on a hoist and check the top speed. Just hope your tyres don't explode and the CV's don't seize....

but wouldn't that means they just spin?

i thought that they all had recommended dont go over speeds, due to pressure caused by heat due to friction with the road.

not non friction lol

-smurff

Guest boostin

Well there's centrifugal force, and the road stops the centre of the tyre expanding outwards too much. On a hoist with no load the tyre can swell, a-la dragster tyres. If the tyre has any decent cuts or damage it can explode.

I'm not saying it will happen, just something to think about.