Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ticketed just cause he could

same as above

was a passenger, was getting dropped off at work, the front door for work was locked, so got back in the car and my brother drove around the corner which was like 20 metres.. cop pulled us over gave me a fine.. i shouldnt have been lazy lol

all of this on christmas day... fine for noisy exhaust when the same 92db exhaust had been green sticker cleared two weeks prior (so had a 2wk old vtnz wof). ticket for expired reg when it expired on that same day and wasn't possible for me to renew it. green sticker for uncertified mods that included the factory steering wheel, factory seats, and lowered springs in std struts.

female cop was on her period. asked me to put my hands on the steering wheel and all sorts of shit. being treated so harshly was a bit erotic really haha

Guest lan_killa

I got a fine for $50 and 25 demerits for operating an excessivly noisey vehicle, also got green stickered. Car in question was my 1982 998cc Mini, Cop reckoned he could hear me coming all the way over the harbour bridge, yet he was parked up about 1km south of the bridge

QRAF said:

so whats the weirdest ticket/s you've every recieved

I got pulled over back in the day in my legacy for having my spotlights on in town when it wasn't foggy $150 ticket.

my sister got ticketed in an altezza for the same reason... she was in south Auckland around 11pm at night, in a car that was her sister in laws, with 22" chromes.

cop openly said as he walked up to the car "can i see your license i bet you dont have your full" she handed over her (full) licence.

He then proceeded to check over the car (as he couldn't ticket her for her license) the car was totally legal, after about 20mins of checks etc, he walked around the front of the car, and pulled out his ticket book... he wrote a ticket out for $150... "SPOTLIGHTS ON, ON A CLEAR NIGHT" she didn't even know the car had spotlights.

after 6 letters double page letters to the police, with 6 reply's, mum got her off the ticket - im guessing because they got sick of replying...

FUNNIEST THING WAS, THEY HAD A PXT OF THE COP CAR WITH HIS SPOTLIGHTS ON WHILE HE WAS TICKETING THEM!!

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 CMPLSV said:

FUNNIEST THING WAS, THEY HAD A PXT OF THE COP CAR WITH HIS SPOTLIGHTS ON WHILE HE WAS TICKETING THEM!!

cops are allowed lights/spotlights etc as it makes them more visible during the day and at night..

im sure fast four would back this up.

Guest Oscar
 the_return_of_the_jedi']

[quote name='CMPLSV said:

/quote]

cops are allowed lights/spotlights etc as it makes them more visible during the day and at night..

No, they have blue and red lights that flash for that job.

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 Oscar']

[quote name='CMPLSV said:

/quote]

No, they have blue and red lights that flash for that job.

even when driving during the day they usually have the spotlights on..

this is a stupid rule tho because wouldn't spoltlights technically make your car more visible and allow better lighting of the road?

mind u if ya can fail a warrant for having non working spotlights then who knows...

and yeah its funny how they can do U turns on double yellow lines ( in the case of motorbike vs patrol car a few months ago ) and get away with it...

does this mean if you are the law you are also above it?

• General Member

spots/footlights Are a no-no - driving lights however are ok

oh and same - 50m or so from tyre shop to my work - no seatbelt...

goto love the cop in welly pulling up all blacks for signature :P

Got $150 fine for writing for sale on back screen.

Lettering was less than 1.5 mm wide but apparently obscures vision.

I debated with officer about legality of louvres on falcons etc, but of course different rules if you in an Australian car.

But meh, waived once removed from window so don't matter too much.

I have had only 3 tickets in my life for all the same thing, not stopping at a stop sign.

$150 each and I also failed my restricted for not stopping at a...... stop sign.

One day I will learn.

• General Member
 Drunkenmonkey said:

i got a warning for the spots lights as i said they are driving lights and improve vision at night and not made for fog.. he agreed and let me on my way xD only other ticket was driving after hours

gotta love the extra button that actually says FOG next to it aye :P

I have had a fine for one of my brake lights stuck on (bulb round the wrong way)

fine for mud flaps sticking out side of the body of the car......

fine for causing excessive noise, Old rs engine was ticking............

Green stickered for my factory momo steering wheel..........

fine for having a loud BOV.......

JoKer said:

spots/footlights Are a no-no - driving lights however are ok

according to the cop that stopped me and told me to turn my fog lights off; "the fog lights shine in a different way then normal driving lights which affect the visibility of the oncoming traffic if it is a clear night but would be more visible if it is foggy or rainy" said the cop, so i turned them off and he let me go on my way.