Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Revision D Legacy's

Hi everyone,

Thought i'd try and get a thread going specific to Rev D Legacy's... seems to be a bit of variation withen the Rev D versions too.

Anyone that can offer anything usefull please do so..

So far, iv'e read about:

Stiffer Body

Smaller Head Lights

Slightly different shaped front guards

Smaller grill

Smaller turbo's (better for responsivness etc)

Some models have airbags in the seats like mine

Remappable Denso ECU

Higher Gearing

Anyone have anything else to add?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin
 dvs-b4 said:

they have pink top injectors

Yeah pink 550cc top feeds, rather than the old yellow 440cc side feeds.

Different alloys, and quite a few have 4 pots on them. Dunno if this is factory though.

boostin']

[quote name='dvs-b4 said:

/quote]

Different alloys, and quite a few have 4 pots on them. Dunno if this is factory though.

oh real? we got shafted! lol

boostin']

/quote]

dont knw if the four pots a standerd. mine doesnt have them :(

D's are Phase-3 engines, same generation as the version 7, explaining the pink injectors and tunable ECU. The ECU and loom is totally different to V7 though.

I doubt they have a much stiffer body if at all btw, all BH/BE's have alloy arms and and multi link rear suspension etc. My dad's 98 BH GT has a brace across the front of the car even, unlike my BG.

GravelBen said:

Rev-D also has higher compression at 9:1, up from 8.5:1 - due to different pistons IIRC.

Mine (GTB E-tune) only has 2-pots as well, 4-pots would be nice though!

Are you sure? think you mite have it round the wrong way?

If their same as V7 engine they have lower comp and the earlier ones have the higher 9:1 ratio.

funkytown said:

nah compression is up in rev D. pink tops, denso flashable ecu, and ej207. (still not AVCS heads tho in rev D unlike v7)

I thought compression was 9:1 in the earlier ones, hence the det problems when trying to single turbo with sti ecu?

Or rev D has even higher?

Earlier ones have 8.5:1 for manual and 9:1 for auto from memory, Rev-D have 9:1 for both to improve off-boost response etc (ie VOD is a complete non-issue for mine) but I suspect the newage computer is better at knock control too?

Its an EJ208 though (or EJ206 for auto) not EJ207 like the Impreza.

99GTB said:

Pre-facelift bonnets can be alloy or steel, and facelift bonnets are all alloy. I know, I just bought a brand new alloy one lol.

I didn't know that i want a alloy one now, i hate lifting my bonnet then lifting a sti/alloy bonnet haha

I expect the facelift ones do have different front guards due to the different headlights.

As someone else stated, some have side airbags in the seats and some don't (mine didn't or if it did it doesn't anymore!).

I also expect the 4 pots were an option as I've seen some with and some without. Mine came only with the 4 pot fronts (not the matching 2 pot rears) so I expect they were added after manufacture on mine.

I wasn't aware they had different gearing from the earlier revisions?!?

it certainly plays out with the BP/BL's that the NZDM ones have more airbags than JDM ones - maybe the case with Rev D?

and interestingly mine (BPE) has normal halogen bulbs.. not Xeon.. again maybe a difference in the NZDM Rev Ds?

Just to confuse things, mine is NZ-new but apparently Jap spec (based on VIN plate etc) - and does have side airbags, HID lights, alloy bonnet.

Gearingwise 5th is about 2600rpm @ 100km/h, not sure how that compares to earlier revisions? 3rd would take you to around 170km/h if you wound it right to the limiter (but only on a racetrack occifer because speeding is illegal)

Got mine in from Japan in March... came with the alloy bonnet, the side airbags and the cool looking HID's.

There is next to nothing i can find on the net about rev D's... mainly opinions.

Mine is tiptronic... at 100kph i'm at 2500rpm...

My mates 2000 B4 manual does 2700rpm at 100kph... about 100rpm difference by the looks of it..

Also just read the engine cover may be slightly longer on the Rev D's...

gonna have a study of mates 2000 model and my 2003 model on the weekend...

boostin']

/quote]

Mine is a 2003 s-edition which comes with 4-pots and BBS wheels. This could be what you are referring to.

BsXcD.png