Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wrx wagons

• 2 years later...

as above, theyre all right, v7 was the last hatch or "wagon" until the v11

no brembos, no 6 speed, etc

the hatches from v7-v10 dont have the wide guards like the sedans do either

unless you do what i did and put front guards, bumper, diffusers, lip, spottie covers and scoop from a sti sedan onto it :)

jap import vs nz new:

theres a few lil things ive noticed, nz new have cruise control, a red foglight in one tail light, dif speedo, etc

v8 vs v9: aint much but main thing is the interior/centre console, if the 3 aircon knobs are in a line-its a v9, if the middle is a bit lower(like v7)-its a v8. its like the v8 have the v7 dash then they changed it in the v9

thats what ive found since i got my car in aug 2010

NTYCME']

[quote name='newsuba said:

You chaps forgot the biggest change for the v9 WRX.

NZ got the international 2.5L 169kW/320Nm motor.

V8 2.0L was 168kW/300Nm.

/quote]

O really?

So v8 jap is 2L

V8 nznew is 2L

V9 jap is 2L

V9 nznew is 2.5L

Nice to know :-)

Just to clarify for you guys

NZ new v8 wrx got 2ltr

JDM v8 wrx got 2ltr

NZ new v9 got 2ltr

JDM wrx v9 got 2ltr

The FIRST nz new wrx that got the 2.5 is the V10 (the one with the alfa\'esq front end.

Many people dont know but the v8 model which got the uprated interior and the slightly wider rear guards is considered the v9.

So yeah the model below is the v10 and the NZ new model got the 2.5 and the JDM of this shape got the 2ltr

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-515326489.htm

The model below is a V9

All of this model got the 2ltr and nicer interior

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/impreza/auction-523398095.htm

The model below is the V8

All NZ new and JDM got the 2ltr in this shape and you can see the older Legacy style interior and different dials for the heater controls etc

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/wrx/auction-519275411.htm

Yeah right u are the hatches didnt get the wider guards. But the interior was definitely different. It doesnt really matter either way its just about being able to accurately compare two different models with different bits attached. It really should just be called a facelift but for some reason its not. I think the reason its known as a different version is the differences on the STI V8-V9 are so much more substantial and it would just confuse the crap outa people if the sti changed numbers but the wrx didnt