Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN: E tune GTB Black. Auckland, Sylvia park.

BC5RA

Taken from Sylvia park at about 2.17pm.

Posted up on behalf of Alex Gilmour of Highbrook Auto, it is his wifes car.

Car details; BLACK, silver 18" multi spoke rims and aftermarket from bumper.

REG # EZJ397

Please call Highbrook (274 9379) with any info or PM me.

Not that I'm racist or anything but Sylvia Park is scarily close and has affordable shops close to South Auckland... :-\

ALWAYS use my steering wheel lock thing when I go somewhere that seems a little bit dodgy. Have parked there 2 outside Pak'n'Save right outside an ATM with a camera (at night too for movies). Best place to park IMHO or yeah as Shale said don't take your car at all.

BC5RA said:

Posted up on behalf of Alex Gilmour of Highbrook Auto, it is his wifes car.

Car details; BLACK, silver 18" multi spoke rims and aftermarket from bumper.

REG # EZJ397

Please call Highbrook (274 9379) with any info or PM me.

Goes to show does'nt matter what time of day it is

chrisjunkie said:

Not that I'm racist or anything but Sylvia Park is scarily close and has affordable shops close to South Auckland... :-\

ALWAYS use my steering wheel lock thing when I go somewhere that seems a little bit dodgy. Have parked there 2 outside Pak'n'Save right outside an ATM with a camera (at night too for movies). Best place to park IMHO or yeah as Shale said don't take your car at all.

hmmm i didnt think it was that close?

when i was in akl last met someone in manukau mall......wasnt even scary! Never been to the otara markets yet tho!

I interested as too how many cars here that been stolen had engine immobilizers in them... I'm guessing these thieves know what they doing to bypass that, unless they have a tow truck handy

Yea too right there.... I could easily bypass mine but it would take awhile tho unless i've done it a hundred times ;D

But yea the immobilizer is only as good as the installer, and i seen my fare share of poorly installed systems from so-called professional garages >:(

ODB']

[quote name='chrisjunkie said:

/quote]

hmmm i didnt think it was that close?

when i was in akl last met someone in manukau mall......wasnt even scary! Never been to the otara markets yet tho!

I did the block courses for my apprenticeship at Manukau Tech. which shares the carpark with the Otara markets. Every day for the two weeks I was there, there was at least one car stolen.

Guest boostcut
 substirex said:

Yea too right there.... I could easily bypass mine but it would take awhile tho unless i've done it a hundred times ;D

But yea the immobilizer is only as good as the installer, and i seen my fare share of poorly installed systems from so-called professional garages >:(

a professional garage wont install an alarm, or if they do, as you say it wont be done properly.

its a shit job, makes you no money and there are people who can do it twice as fast for half the price.

boostcut']

[quote name='substirex said:

But yea the immobilizer is only as good as the installer, and i seen my fare share of poorly installed systems from so-called b]professional garages >:([/b]

a professional garage wont install an alarm, or if they do, as you say it wont be done properly.

its a s*** job, makes you no money and there are people who can do it twice as fast for half the price.

Hense why alot of alarms are porly installed.

I use to charge a per hour basis. sure alot of people said they could go down the road and get it done cheaper, so i let them, you want something done right, you have to pay for it.

Guest boostcut

exactly, thats why id rather be selling product and labour that just charging labour.

fuck anything electrical and everything to do with it. it drives me nuts.

ever since i got ripped off with a gps tracker and poor installation, I'm more than happy doing my own alarm installs and electrical work, lest i know it gets done properly... cant stand arseholes that do half pie jobs when you pay them to do a proper job >:(

Another one stolen?What's becoming of Auckland.Such a shame to see a nice car like that "stolen",Hope they catch the rat bag's,Wish they tried steeling a car in the middle east,And then dealt with the consequences,If they only knew.

So you guy's reckon alarms like Mongoose,AVS With immobilizer's are no good.

Does a steering lock actually do the job?

What's my next best option?If my subaru is a prime suspect.

Buy a corolla :-[ ?

i gotta bc5 rs....no alarm and i live in one of the worst areas in west auckland lol....i got good security though....my red nose pitty sleeps ryt next to my car hahahaha and he stays in it when i go shoppin etc...i could leave the keys in it and no1 would try take it unless they wanna lose thier hands hahahaha :D :D

FYI - in my latest project when i had the ECU out, i wired in a hidden kill switch for the Fuel relay with flashing LED, plus a second hidden kill switch with a relay that kills the cam position sensor PLUS i have a uniden alarm.

I dont use the kill switches all the time, only when parked in suspect areas.

Far to much hassle for any thieving a-hole :D

gazzy2000 said:

FYI - in my latest project when i had the ECU out, i wired in a hidden kill switch for the Fuel relay with flashing LED, plus a second hidden kill switch with a relay that kills the cam position sensor PLUS i have a uniden alarm.

I dont use the kill switches all the time, only when parked in suspect areas.

Far to much hassle for any thieving a-hole :D

but not for a flat bed tow truck ;)

they only want your mags