Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3-4 inlet manifold on V2 heads

just a quick question, and i did seach but nothing came up, i have a version 2 wrx and just wondering whether a v3 inlet manifold will bolt straight onto my heads and fuel rails bolt on, not too worried bout anything else been in the right place its easy enough to re plumb stuff.

cheers

off2harrys said:

i wanna do the same eventually on my v2 except ive put gtb heads on from v3_v4 equivalent i think isnt it quite a hassle changing all the wiring?

i dont think any wiring needs to be changed unless you wana use the wasted spark coils from the v3-4, but i could be wrong. i will probly stick with the separate v2 coils as i have replaced all 4 recently, but will see what happens.

it all fits, well, one of the runners fouls the 90 degree TD05 intake, until i got stuck in with an angle grinder ;p

also youll need to block the FPR vac nipple, its in the same place.

wiring etc, its all up to you. you'll just have to figure out what you want to achieve, with what parts etc.

old pics of mine running V2 ECU

underbonnet.JPG

eww ugly forum resize. click the pic for fullsize

Guest SPANKU

kami its almost like u cheated to get a ver3/4 sti. from the engine bay i wont tell unless closer inspections. looks good.

i knew that someone had done this somewhere forgot that it was you

off2harrys said:

so if i wanna keep the v2 coil on plug set up all i need to do is buy the manifold with rails and block the fpr nipple i plan on twisting the turbo sooner or later then waalah mission accomplished?

yea piece of cake, i bought a v3 flipped manifold so i have a couple more things to deal with but even then its not that hard.

off2harrys said:

if i bought a bare v3 manifold would everything fit straight on from my v2 1 (T/B,ICV blah blah) or would i have to buy 1 with all the junk on it,i see funky on heres got 1 for sale

yea looking at the 2 i have on my bench i think everything would swap over, the only difference it would stuff up where your intercooler sits if you have a top mount.

nah running front mount,i only wanna change it coz someone on the old site put up dynos of before and after to prove the slight gain of torque at the expense of hp pretty minimal i think but who cares they dont cost bugger all and my weekends are lame so gives me something to do

thats pretty much what i've heard, a little more torque from the taller inlets at the expense of a little flow at the top end

unless your trying to fit a newer style topmount there's not a whole lot to gain unless your doing it for fun :)

pretty much funzys,i figure since i just bought a twisted turbo kit i might be able to run the piping under the manifold (just trying to justify why i want to do it haha) i spos also if i change enough it will make it harder for people to know its a crappy ol 94 ;D

• 6 months later...

old thread but im still doin this so thought may as well use it.

im after some more info from people that have wired a v3 throttlbody/tps into a v2 loom, to save me trying to understand wiring diagrams can anybody tell me exactly which colour wires to connect to what on both looms, the v2 loom has 4 wires, the v3 tps loom has 3, i understand one wire can be dropped altogether as im running a link ecu.

can someone help me with some accurate info please.

I was supposed to check mine out for you wasnt I.... damn knew I had overlooked something

Its not only the issue of swapping wires, but the earlier TPS has an idle switch wire which is joined to one of the other wires when throttle body is closed. I made a mechanical switch outside of the throttle body to deal with this problem, Kami went a diff approach and retained the original TPS but modified it in such a way it would work on the later throttle body. Both systems work in effect.

Not sure if I have posted it but here is my micro switch to do externally what the 4 wire tps does internally...

img7393r.jpg

driftrex said:

yea i have got that pic already, but i am running a link ecu so i was under the understanding i didnt need this idle switch wire?

and yes you were meant to check yours for me :P

slap ichi.. he should be able to tell you what wires etc on a link..

Im fairly certain it does use the idle switch wire... as my TPS is playing up (on link) and surges up and down at idle with out "go pedal" input

I have a friend with an early link who simply dropped his idle switch and the car runs perfect with a version 3 throttle body on the version 1 loom.