• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

acc fee on petrol

sickmatesick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the same thing you did, im sure they said petrol will go up by 56c like you said

its getting a bit stupid i think, there just robbing people now.

-smurff

fewwwwwwww gota little worried there for a minute there lol, 56c!!!! suby would never come outa the garage if that was the case, would be pinching avgas from work!!

UH-1H said:

fewwwwwwww gota little worried there for a minute there lol, 56c!!!! suby would never come outa the garage if that was the case, would be pinching avgas from work!!

Nah, don't woryy, it's the FUEL companies that hike fuel by large amounts...

...the government only add a small amount...but often!

• 4 weeks later...
 newsuba said:

You guys forgot the decimal point !

ACC petrol levy goes up from 9.34 cents per litre to 9.90 cents per litre from July 1 2009.

That's 0.56 cents per litre.

;)

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/acc+motor+vehicle+levy+increase+32

If 1 equals a dollar or a whole, 0.56 cents per litre still equates to 56 cents a litre mate!! Did you mean 5.6 cents a litre??

Guest jedi warrior

is it .56 cents or .056 cents / litre

if its .56 it will be ie: $1.55 - $2.11

if its .056 it will be ie: $1.55 - $1.606

jedi warrior said:

wrong. if its .56 DOLLARS you are correct, or .056

the increase was .56 CENTS

the ACC levy (already included in the price you pay at the pump) went from 9.34 cents to 9.90 that is an increase of $0.0056

using Jedi's price of $1.55/L, the new price will be $1.5556/L

that means that you will pay $1 more, for every 180L of petrol you purchase. somehow, not a big difference to the average consumer.

jake_the_muss']

[quote name='jedi warrior said:

/quote]

the ACC levy (already included in the price you pay at the pump) went from 9.34 cents to 9.90 that is an increase of $0.0056

that means that you will pay $1 more, for every 180L of petrol you purchase. somehow, not a big difference to the average consumer.

Are you sure! half a cent is not a typical number that the govt would use lol and equates to about 20-30cents per tank...i would say with all the shit ACC are in 5.6cents per litre makes more sense!

I might hit up the ACC www about it!

Geez did all you guys fail reading lessons at school ?

How hard is it to read a simple statement like ???

...the ACC petrol levy will rise from 9.34 cents per litre to 9.90 cents per litre.

That means 0.56 cents per litre.

EPIC FAIL if you can't understand that.

:P

Guest jedi warrior

taking in the the fact the the first decimal after the . would be 10c and the second would be the 1c.

so you can expect a $0.056 increase :)

jedi warrior said:

taking in the the fact the the first decimal after the . would be 10c and the second would be the 1c.

so you can expect a $0.056 increase :)

fail.

.56 cents, not .056 dollars. so $0.0056

cliffdunedin']

[quote name='jedi warrior said:

/quote]

Are you sure! half a cent is not a typical number that the govt would use lol and equates to about 20-30cents per tank...i would say with all the shit ACC are in 5.6cents per litre makes more sense!

I might hit up the ACC www about it!

half a cent isn't typical for the government? this is per litre, and equates to a more than %5 increase... heres what the article says in case you didn't read it:

The motor vehicle license fee for a petrol car will increase from $136.44 to $168.46 and the ACC petrol levy will rise from 9.34 cents per litre to 9.90 cents per litre.

from this source: http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/acc+motor+vehicle+levy+increase+32

GC8E2DD']

[quote name='loren said:

And before you ask... no, there is no such thing as a .56 cent coin.

/quote]

Link to reputable article please ...

http://www.acc.co.nz/for-business/levy-consultation/current-levy-consultation/BUS00113

Did a little www'ing yesterday and found this:

Motorists

Motorists pay for most injuries involving moving vehicles on public roads, through a combination of a levy:

paid by motor vehicle owners through their annual vehicle licensing fee (the levy is based on the type of vehicle)

on petrol sales paid by vehicle users.

ACC proposes:

*increasing the combined average motor vehicle levy from $254.63 to $287.00 per vehicle

*increasing the petrol levy for 2009/2010 from 9.43 to 9.90 cents per litre and *increasing the average licensing fee per petrol vehicle to $168.45, resulting in a combined average levy rate of $287.00 per petrol vehicle

*maintaining the existing nine vehicle classifications.

For more information about what your levy could be, see the Levy risk group document for your industry.

So ACTUALLY the price increase is 0.47 cents per litre or for the less matmatically inclined members that means 4.7 cents per litre :P

Guest loren
 cliffdunedin said:

So ACTUALLY the price increase is 0.47 cents per litre or for the less matmatically inclined members that means 4.7 cents per litre :P

isn't that a contradiction?

cliffdunedin']

Contradicting what? that others thought that 0.56 cents per litre was actually half a cent per litre...i was being a smart ass!!

maybe reading all the posts before piping up might help :P;)

.56 cents per litre DOES mean about 1/2 a cent per litre. so does .47 the change is still ROUGHLY half a cent, per litre. not 5 cents. you can't just move it a decimal place because you only remember $1.74 as the price. it might actually be $1.7375 but you pay $1.74 the oil companies, however, deal in MILLIONS of litres, so those tenths of a cent end up being quite a bit of money.

[quote name='cliffdunedin said:

So u]ACTUALLY[/u] the price increase is 0.47 cents per litre or for the less matmatically inclined members that means 4.7 cents per litre :P

isn't that a contradiction?

that is a contradiction. you just said .47 cents per litre = 4.7 cents per litre. FAIL. less than half is not equal to almost 5.