Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BP Just keep getting better...

Odie

Just got a letter from BP...

As a valued customer, we are always striving to bring you quality prooducts and services.... bla bla bla

This letter is to advise you that BP will be withdrawing from 262 Fergussion Drive Silerstream Upper Hutt as of Friday 27th March 2009.

Letter goes on but is all crap... and basically says if you need gas from BP and live in the area you will now need to travel an additional ~7km to fill up.

Thanks and have a great day... :-\

SO GLAD I don't have anything with an STi engine, so when I come and lurk with you guys I can sneak a bit of 95 + booster into either of the POS I take down ;D [/england england aiee]

Guess that's where cans will come in handy; emergencies! 7km is a long way to push.

well I run my rx on 95 we dont got none of that thar flash gas anywhere near here,the legacy was run on 95 as well oh and that caltex gas as that all we goot here and the next closes gas station has New Zealands most expensive fuel :)

Yeah thats the small BP at Silverstream,

The Big one just north of the town is still there ( with NO Ultimate )

JoKer said:

waaaaaaaaaaa 7 km try 54.4 km – about 50 mins

BP poopy heads

Joker you need to drive a bit faster !!! thats like 65km/h ... YOU DRIVE LIKE A NANA :)

Ha ha ha ha

I'll remember to TOOT and wave next time I pass a White wagon doing 65Km/h (ish) on a Sunday drive to get fuel

Ha ha ha ha

alot of different servos have shut down here in chch over the years. all different brands. there isnt one in Lyttleton any more. not 1 in summer. closest is in Red cliffs.

I think the only servos that are left on banks penincher is Akaroa and little river?

Ive noticed alot of the small owner opprater fuel stations are getting shut down.

Even chatted to some of the small servo guys. they get told that they no longer going to supply fuel and they only will if they fork out for brand new tanks in the ground. which of course cost too nmuch and the owners cant afford it.

I Know off another servo that mite be in doubt. maybe gone next year or year after

Odie said:

Just got a letter from BP...

As a valued customer, we are always striving to bring you quality prooducts and services.... bla bla bla

This letter is to advise you that BP will be withdrawing from 262 Fergussion Drive Silerstream Upper Hutt as of Friday 27th March 2009.

Letter goes on but is all crap... and basically says if you need gas from BP and live in the area you will now need to travel an additional ~7km to fill up.

Thanks and have a great day... :-\

Hey at least you got a letter most stations these days just close up and its not til your really wantin to stop there that you find out its gone or its rebranded to GAS and only got 95.

But these days its a sign of the times....not making enough money=shut it down and make people use more petrol to get to the next one..big pain in the bum if you got BP fuel card only :(

But yeah BP = not good enough (Come on Richard)

They just want to get rid of the smaller servos normally owned by owner oprater. means less stations to gas, they own it so get more profits etc.

Funny thing is we used to have 2 bps in distance of about a km or less of each other. both were on hoonhay road. its been gone for atleast the last 15+ years. its now parmside automotive or etc

• General Member
 BT']

[quote name='JoKer said:

waaaaaaaaaaa 7 km try 54.4 km – about 50 mins

BP poopy heads

/quote]

Eh... Danniverke BP has 98 doesnt it?! Well it did at xmas time when I went through...

nope never again but we will have Macca's VERY soon! they have started construction.....

I use it sometimes in the Impreza (N/A) in preference to the significantly more expensive 98 around.

There's a SLIGHT drop in power, doesn't accelerate as keenly. HOWEVER, it is SO MUCH BETTER than the other 95 piss that's ended up in there before. Feels like a higher rating than it is, from personal experience. I'd only use Shell if unable to get 98. (In fact I even go Mobil S8000> Shell V-Power > BP Ultimate)

It might be good with the older turbos that could take 96 back in the day :)

Edit: 95 is the NZ rating. Fuel economy is surprisingly good, too.

Shale said:

I use it sometimes in the Impreza (N/A) in preference to the significantly more expensive 98 around.

There's a SLIGHT drop in power, doesn't accelerate as keenly. HOWEVER, it is SO MUCH BETTER than the other 95 piss that's ended up in there before. Feels like a higher rating than it is, from personal experience. I'd only use Shell if unable to get 98. (In fact I even go Mobil S8000> Shell V-Power > BP Ultimate)

It might be good with the older turbos that could take 96 back in the day :)

Edit: 95 is the NZ rating. Fuel economy is surprisingly good, too.

LOL you crack me up. The 1500cc impreza will show sooooo much of a difference on 98 etc. You should just be nana'ing it around on 91.

Your sheep in wolf's clothing is not, and never will be a WRX and hence stop posturing about how much better higher octane fuel etc is for your nanamobile.

98 will help stop detonation on a highly tuned rex, but your n/a hardly needs help with detonation now(unless you let the ginger ninja at it??!!??).

Fair enough your legacy might, but please cut the crap.

Rant over. As you were.

Ross, my darling. I have never, EVER driven a 1500cc vehicle...let alone a 1500cc SUBARU. ;D

Your problem is easy to diagnose...you have a large human head stuck up your posterior. Looks a lot like your own. Cure is simple...remove it ;D

I must say ive never notice differance in the different types of fuel, ive only ever used 98 bp in my subi, maybe the odd $5 v power to get me to Bp but thats it,

all my other cars, i couldn't tell a thing from 91-98 95-98 91-95 etc, tryed different types of gas and never noticed a thing (power wise, i never seem to get the same amount of kms per tank so cant comment about that)

maybe its all in your head(s)?