Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BP Just keep getting better...

Odie

Guest loren

My NA 2.0lt wagon detonates on 91 and the power drops dramatically. not just turbos that need a bit more octane.

No diff between 95 and 98 though.

Differences are too minor to fuss over, at the very least. Considering the price difference lately, too :o

Maybe a certain under-the-bridge type will believe it coming from you, loren ;D All 2.0L Subarus need decent petrol or they run like dogs.

Guest keltik

My naturally aspirated wagon runs like crap on 91, get some serious pinking and a bit of knock pulling off from intersections. 95 is tolerable and the ethanol blended 96 runs well. Only ever bother with 98 when im going to a track day and even then im sure it makes no difference

Nice of them to send a letter. Cant really blame them for closing down tho - if its not profitable to stay then whats the point.

Guest loren

yeah, 91 is bad even for the NA. I tried it once a few years back... it was down on power to the point I

kept checking to see if the handbrake was on. Took it to the mechanic for a service, and they knew

from the diag that I'd been running 91 as it had dropped 5 degrees of timing.

i didnt know it made a differance, this was a 2.0l toyota? ive never driven an NA subi before so cant comment, but im sure it added no power lol, meh haha maybe it did, it was already totaly lacking in power from the usless pod setup sucking hot air & the 2.5 "exhaust system" which im guessing had no were near enough back pressure lol

2.0L Toyota...anything like the 1.8s? I've had this misfortune of piloting one of those...didn't realise the difference between mine and that 'Rolla would be SO huge.

The N/A Subies have a lot more torque and get-up-and-go. If we are ever at the same meet...you'll have to drive my slowpoke for comparison's sake ;)

I find a marginal improvement when i use 95 in my N/A 2.2 nothing amazing though. 98 is no better than 95 to me. Generally it runs on 91 with no problems like pinking etc. just feels a little flat maybe. meh, i don't often use exotic petrol these days. it's expensive enough for 91 let alone 98

T.Rev said:

I believe I note a discernible difference between 95 and 98..V power aint that bad actually...and u can get Ferrari models!

Talking to a Shell Techo in Oz the other day, they let slip that the fuel was actually denser than other brands. In other words you do get more bang for your buck! That's why it gives better mpg under normal driving.

JoKer']

[quote name='JoKer said:

waaaaaaaaaaa 7 km try 54.4 km – about 50 mins

BP poopy heads

/quote]

Eh... Danniverke BP has 98 doesnt it?! Well it did at xmas time when I went through...

nope never again but we will have Macca's VERY soon! they have started construction.....

Huh? Did they get rid of it recently? I was there within the last two months and definitely put 98 in my car

Fujisan']

[quote name='T.Rev said:

I believe I note a discernible difference between 95 and 98..V power aint that bad actually...and u can get Ferrari models!

/quote]

Talking to a Shell Techo in Oz the other day, they let slip that the fuel was actually denser than other brands. In other words you do get more bang for your buck! That's why it gives better mpg under normal driving.

how much denser..? and does this translate across to NZ?

• General Member
 BlkPnthr']

[quote name='JoKer said:

waaaaaaaaaaa 7 km try 54.4 km – about 50 mins

BP poopy heads

/quote]

Eh... Danniverke BP has 98 doesnt it?! Well it did at xmas time when I went through...

nope never again but we will have Macca's VERY soon! they have started construction.....

Huh? Did they get rid of it recently? I was there within the last two months and definitely put 98 in my car

yes