Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

tuning options for my type r

Hey guys got a v5 type r as some will know and i am after some options.....i dont want to go down the route of fmic or boost ts etc, i do have a hks panel filter and exhaust and she is running standard boost.After 3 track days so far and another on the 2nd of jan at hampton i really need to get the speed cut out the way without using a sld.....So basically what im asking before i just buy a link g4 plug and play is does anyone remap the standard ecu or even tune it a little removing the speed cut etc???

I dont necessary want more boost as it destroys most round the track as its set up perfect but i need the limmiter removed as cars catch me down the straight lol.I didnt think it had a speed cut originally as i took it to 180 but it must hit at 185-190???

pedro said:

There is a chipped ecu available from a japanese company called MINES.

REmoves speed cut,slight boost increase and i think does some fueling changes.

You might find one on trademe,sell for $150-$300.

also tuned for 100octane which i wouldn't recommend

If your just wanting to get rid of speed cut there are speed cut removers, easy to wire in and not nearly as much $$ as an ecu

nt_a_foz said:

Pivot speed meter cheap and easy to put in...

Just been offered one for 150 bucks second hand???

Doesnt seem cheap to me dude or is that the going rate?

I would rather go the g4 route if no one can remap the standard ecu etc??

Can nobody do them?

Thats freaking cheap in comparison going g4 route, ur looking at 3k once u add installation and tune. Plus remember if you modify ur engine etc, ul have to get it retuned everytime. A g4 is a good mod, however usually you will want to do it last as a modification.

Not really dude im a mechanic and have many sources.......can get the g4 plug and play for 1400 bucks buddy and can offer that for anyone on here too, so its just a straight plug in.I have a friend of my bosses who will tune it for cheap too...you guys know them as torque performance.

BT said:

Have an HKS SLD, $80 plus postage.

You'd be absolutely stupid to buy a G4 just to get rid of your speedcut....

i know what your saying but if i was to buy a g4 obviously i would get the tune for a little more power aswell, i wouldnt spend the dollars on a g4 and keep it standard power lol.

I just wanted to know iif there was anyone to get rid of speed cut without the sld etc.

And torque performance will only charge me 200 bucks for the tune so all good on that front.

So my options are sld Vs pivot???

Would it be fair to say that a G4 ecu will make your car more reliable too? id think so...

Pivot normally about $200 and has speed display and G meter and 1/4mile timer

hks $80 and just blocks out speed cut

link $1400 + min of $200 for tune + temp sender $100 + boost control solenoid if needed $100

Your money, your choice

funkytown said:

Agree. You have the options and appear to know it all anyway. Just go do what u want

No need to be like that mate i dont know it all i was just wondering if there was another way around the speed cut that you guys know of??

Just like evos they have a screw in the back of the clocks which is the speed cut!!!

I do know about the sld's but i dont really like putting them in as i see it as a poor mans solution.

Was only asking guys and now i know its either a ecu, sld, or pivot so cheers for the helpful comments. :P

pl0x']

Would it be fair to say that a G4 ecu will make your car more reliable too? id think so...

Pivot normally about $200 and has speed display and G meter and 1/4mile timer

hks $80 and just blocks out speed cut

link $1400 + min of $200 for tune + temp sender $100 + boost control solenoid if needed $100

Your money, your choice

You can use your std bcs on a G4. I also like the G4'S coolant temp rev limit because I have a habit of keeping on going in the heat of the moment lol.

[quote name='funkytown said:

Agree. You have the options and appear to know it all anyway. Just go do what u want

/quote]

No need to be like that mate i dont know it all i was just wondering if there was another way around the speed cut that you guys know of??

Just like evos they have a screw in the back of the clocks which is the speed cut!!!

I do know about the sld's but i dont really like putting them in as i see it as a poor mans solution.

Was only asking guys and now i know its either a ecu, sld, or pivot so cheers for the helpful comments. :P

The screw on the evo just conects the circuit board to the speed sensor output, removing it just stops the ecu seeing vehicle speed. On the evo it doesnt cause any problems but the subarus dont like it at all. You could still set up a switch to cut the vss when you want to go fast.

well just my opinion i have blown the speedo on my sti 3 times now and i know for a FACT! that if the ecu isnt getting a speed reading whether your below or higher than 180 and you come onto boost the ecu trips into limp mode or the idle air control valve will play up because it needs a rev,speed and (something else cant remember off the top of my head.) so yea dont remove it haha.buy a link and be done .

• 1 month later...