Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wrapping headers

off2harrys

i just wrapped mine say half a section overlap at a time and used ummm only tied it off at one end casue i wrapped the 1st end over itself...

Hmm what did i use i cant remeber what to tie it off..

Fairly straight forward though just wrap half overlaps and should be sweet

Make sure you soak the wrap in water first. Makes it much nicer to work with!

Bung could prob be bought from an exhaust shop? maybe? or use an old O2 sensor.

You could possilbly use hose clamps to hold the wrap on which can be gotten from any automotive parts place.

Lockwire works really well if you know anyone in a motorsports team, they'll have wire and pliers to twist it together floating round.

i know STA in airport oaks in auckland sells snap straps,

there really good, used them when i did my down pipes, and will again when i do my up pipes.

soaking the wrap supposidly helps get a tighter fit, coz wen it drys it shrinks, and coz ur able to get it nice and tight by hand, it gets really nice. something like that any ways.

there was a guy who sold the O2 bungs on trademe, dont know if he still does.

-Smurff

QUIKGT said:

Yeah they're a bitch to wrap!! Wet it as Koom says, and wear decent gloves. That stuff makes you itch like crazy!! Use heaps of lock wire too. After 6 months or so it all starts to fall apart otherwise.

I have a few suitable bungs at work. PM me your addy and I'll get one dropped in the post.

yea reminds me of when i was a kid jumping around in the pink bats at our new house definately not cool haha

Guest boostcut

just go to repco and ask for a cv boot clip. a long one.. mine were easy as to do i used about 15m of heat wrap tho to do the whole lot

boostcut said:

just go to repco and ask for a cv boot clip. a long one.. mine were easy as to do i used about 15m of heat wrap tho to do the whole lot

i think im gonna give up on them,to damn complicated for me i dont know if its the headers i got but theres surely no way i can get the wrap through,the space is to tight where they come together the gaps like 2mm can hardly get 1 pipe done dont know how id get the 2nd 1 done,might just send them to hpc and save the wrap for up and down pipes

Guest boostcut

are you from tauranga? if you are il do them for you.. if any one wants good cheap QUALITY work done in tauranga give me a call or txt 0272935871 im happy to help. ive been a mechanic for 6 yrs and just got my a tech qualification so im legit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 1 month later...
Guest loren

Spray the wrap? no it's fire proof. If you have stock headers I would wrap them in such a way as to get the metal heat guards

on over the top... keeps the heat in even better, but protects the headers from getting wet.

wow i thought it would look crap wrapping the pipes together like that but that looks way better then mine dammit,bet it would of been a hell of alot easier to do aswell although i might have to go over my slipjoint bits they starting to rip through fark it all.so what happens when you have to take your up pipe off looks like a hassle?

• 3 months later...
 BC5RA']

[quote name='boostin said:

url=http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/prices1.htm]http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/prices1.htm[/url]

Hmmm $573 for Subaru turbo headers....

Hey Funkytown, would you recommend those headers?? Still have the rumble?

More of a finer pulse, not as beaty as OE headers. No I've not heard his car but have heard a few with similar design headers.

no mine are still very unequal and very rumbly, as far as i can tell thus far they are great quality. Sound almost the same as factory, just a slightly different note but still "thumpy" as. If anything i just lost a little in cabin resonation which is a good thing