Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN BUT RECOVERED - WASTE OF A MINT VER 8 - PRINTS MATCHED!

dimin

boon']

[quote name='96WRX said:

were any of the windows smashed??

/quote]

Na no windows were broken, but the monsoon shield above the back drivers side door was broken off for some reason.

They smash the monsoon off so they can pull the window out, or stick something down the top. So they knew at least a little bit what they were doing.

Ultrasonics will often trigger when people try this... but often they're at the front on the dash or top of the pillar which is why the mongrels go for the back windows. In a poobaru, consider installing them at the top of the b-pillars...

Did your car have stickers on it saying what the alarm brand was?

If you want some alarm 'forensics' PM me and I'll see if I can tell you how they did it.

I thought that might of been what they did, but still is there a way to pop the door open without letting the door switch trigger ? Cause if they could do that then I can see how very easy it was to get in, just not setting the alarm off is the only hurdle. Have PMed as well, cheers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the car in a garage or out on the lawn?

i saw that sti at ideal cars back in the day, he's had some nice cars there but i never have any money.

it sounds like your cars been out raglan way or on a farm to be stripped as you said it had gravel on it.

did the cops find it left in fairfield or was it ditched there and they did the runner.

QRAF said:

Was the car in a garage or out on the lawn?

i saw that sti at ideal cars back in the day, he's had some nice cars there but i never have any money.

it sounds like your cars been out raglan way or on a farm to be stripped as you said it had gravel on it.

did the cops find it left in fairfield or was it ditched there and they did the runner.

Cops chased it round town from what they told me, then the offenders flew into kenney cres in fairfield, ditched and did the runners. You might of seen it at Ideal last year, I put it on their yard for sale on behalf, absolutely no interest though so decided to hang on to it. Claim has been approved now, has to be fully checked over for damage before they decide to repair or write off. Interesting, they have taken the chassis codes/VIN plate off, dont they do that s*** when rebirthing cars ? The repair guy said it could make things difficult with those bits being removed from it. Theres alot of bits thatll need replacing, interior and exterior, tyres, damage to wheels, not gonna be a cheap fix up whatever way it goes. But yea covered in gravel dust, tyres down to the wire even, so wouldnt surprise me if it had been out raglan way. Managed to turn it on to IGN to check odo reading, its done 500 odd km since i last drove it. Oh and it was in a carport, suck thing is I usually block it in with the work van - but no doubt that would of been taxed too if it had been in the way ::)

boon']

[quote name='96WRX said:

were any of the windows smashed??

/quote]

Na no windows were broken, but the monsoon shield above the back drivers side door was broken off for some reason.

They smash the monsoon off so they can pull the window out, or stick something down the top. So they knew at least a little bit what they were doing.

Ultrasonics will often trigger when people try this... but often they're at the front on the dash or top of the pillar which is why the mongrels go for the back windows. In a poobaru, consider installing them at the top of the b-pillars...

Did your car have stickers on it saying what the alarm brand was?

If you want some alarm 'forensics' PM me and I'll see if I can tell you how they did it.

sorry this is a bit of a threadjack but we got an avs alarm installed recently and there are stickers on the back windows saying AVS and also calvotech (who did the install) is this bad? should i take them off?

• Admin
 katie said:

sorry this is a bit of a threadjack but we got an avs alarm installed recently and there are stickers on the back windows saying AVS and also calvotech (who did the install) is this bad? should i take them off?

IMO yes. If a thief is familiar with AVS alarms it will make your car a more attractive target. Likewise even more so if they've knocked over a few cars from that guy and know stuff like where he puts the brain, where he does his cuts etc etc blah blah.

Bet you've got a blue blinky LED too ;)

Another update, police called last night to say they've matched 3 sets of prints off the car to 3 people already on file ! Stoked ! Was given names to see if I knew who they were, but they were people Ive never heard of, and even better is identical prints found on the rims left in the boot of the car were also all over the B pillar and drivers door handle, so sounds like they most likely have the offenders sussed. Now they just gotta track them down for questioning, and hopefully theyll end up going down for it. Good work police !

dimin said:

Another update, police called last night to say they've matched 3 sets of prints off the car to 3 people already on file ! Stoked ! Was given names to see if I knew who they were, but they were people Ive never heard of, and even better is identical prints found on the rims left in the boot of the car were also all over the B pillar and drivers door handle, so sounds like they most likely have the offenders sussed. Now they just gotta track them down for questioning, and hopefully theyll end up going down for it. Good work police !

too right, doenst happen often enough!and most the time they will get away with it, just hope one spill the beans

Sure did give names, but couldnt get the spelling of them, am going to see if I can get the names again, they actually called at midnight friday whilst I was in a bit of a drinking session with friends, so my brain wasnt in remember mode haha. As far as insurance goes, it could be a write off according to the repair place as all the chassis codes/build plate/VIN has all been removed, which apparently is quite a hassle to rectify ? Not sure though will hear this week the fate of the car. But yea stoked they have names and faces to match the prints, will be great to see the bastards nabbed for this.

Gonna +1 that. You found an organised crime ring.

The storage place I used to use had a group operating out of there - three cars go in, two cars go out. Chassis tags and ignition were the first victims, then the rest ended up in a container.

Pity they didn't realise the place was monitored.

Thrown away for a long time, those boys.

Shale said:

Gonna +1 that. You found an organised crime ring.

The storage place I used to use had a group operating out of there - three cars go in, two cars go out. Chassis tags and ignition were the first victims, then the rest ended up in a container.

Pity they didn't realise the place was monitored.

Thrown away for a long time, those boys.

Id say thats most likely the case. Havent confirmed its a write off, just what the repair place the assessor has sent the car to thought.

Insurance assessor called this morning to confirm its written off, quite glad actually there's no way I wanted it back after seeing the state it was in. So if anyone wants a V8 sti for parts itll presumably end up at turners for auction. Only thing now is wait for the payout and also for the cops to nab the thieves then all will have ended well ;D

Haha na not another V8 sadly, maybe one day in the future, but gonna use this as an oppurtunity to get something cheap and hopefully buy a house in the near future. If I get another Suby itll most probably be a GC8 Type R or RA. Also will be enquiring with insurance co to see if I can buy the car back for a good price and part it out, if they want to much though wont bother.