Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Aftermarket Dash Cluster.

AlteredSpecC

Hey all, New member, first question.

I own a 2003 WRX STi Spec C LTD, recently brought off Kevin.

I am looking for an aftermarket cluster, 260-320km/h, have found some on JDM but they are suited to the newer RA-R Sti not Spec C, They say you can have the wiring modifided to make it work, but not to keen on that idea.

DOES ANYONE HAV ANY INFO TO HELP ME OUT?

Cheers,

Troy.

Dont make them, only for V7 which didnt have the electronic cluster.

Buy a dash :AiM, Motec, Stack, Race Technology or get a RSM.

Why would you want it anyway? Max velocity on any NZ track will be circa 240km/h and you'd struggle to break 200km/h in current guise.

AlteredSpecC said:

I am looking for an aftermarket cluster, 260-320km/h, have found some on JDM but they are suited to the newer RA-R Sti not Spec C, They say you can have the wiring modifided to make it work, but not to keen on that idea.

Cheers,

Troy.

Kevin from Levin?

madmike']

[quote name='AlteredSpecC said:

Cheers,

Troy.

/quote]

Kevin from Levin?

Yea mate, Brought it off Kevin from Levin.

Thanks for the Info, Yes it is Kevin from Liven's old Spec C..

I'm not really too worried what the Track limits are, Just want to be able to see max speed on dash display, on or off Track/Strip.

It'll be well capible of 280+ when it's out of the shop... 310kw+ ATW. 40k build.

Thanks, See you on the Track.

AlteredSpecC said:

It'll be well capible of 280+ when it's out of the shop... 310kw+ ATW. 40k build.

Thanks, See you on the Track.

Getting a new gearbox too then??? Dont need to spend $40k to get 310kw atw, I can assure you of that...

Optical']

[quote name='AlteredSpecC said:

I'm not really too worried what the Track limits are, Just want to be able to see max speed on dash display, on or off Track/Strip.

/quote]

Are you on crack?

Been wondering that all day.

No, Actually, I'm not on any crack asshole!

I wasn't asking for any of your bullshit inputs, I asked a simple question on a dash cluster.

Sure you probably can get 310kw atw for less than 40k, but not to the quality of build I will have.

At this stage 310 is where I'm going, But with the foresight of being able to go for 400+.

I'm new to all of this, SubClub Included, just asking for info and insight, not put downs and negativity.

Thanks.

AlteredSpecC said:

I wasn't asking for any of your bulls*** inputs, I asked a simple question on a dash cluster.

Sure you probably can get 310kw atw for less than 40k, but not to the quality of build I will have.

At this stage 310 is where I'm going, But with the foresight of being able to go for 400+.

I'm new to all of this, SubClub Included, just asking for info and insight, not put downs and negativity.

Thanks.

Settle down Mary....

Seeing as your new to this the boys are trying to find out if you are serious or just taking the piss..

This car and it's prior owner have a history or fairly large claims..

So if you don't mind me asking. Who is going to build your 400kw $40k motor?

AlteredSpecC said:

I wasn't asking for any of your bulls*** inputs, I asked a simple question on a dash cluster.

Thanks.

Firstly it is ClubSub :)

secondly u were going alright until u said on or OFF track,we as a club cannot and will not condone anything illegal,so just calm down and u will be treated fairly

Look boy's I don't no any of the history this car has or what Kevin's claims were.

All I know is it is now my car, I have it in Auckland at the moment, David at Torque Performance is organizing the build and ordering the gear. As I have said before I am a novice to all of this at this stage, but I have always had a passion for cars and racing.

I don't intend on taking my car out on the street and doing 300 clicks in it, I'm not on a death wish, nor to I intend on going straight to the track with 310kw atw and racing, It'll be detuned until I no what I'm doing out on the track, So back off and let's all start again, No hard feelings, All I wanted to know was if I could get a 260 dash cluster, not any ones opinion on the matter.

So here is a list of the parts being ordered for the build thus far, just so you cats don't think I'm just some dude talking it up. I'm no pro, and my car is not the coolest car on the track, I reckon BT's probably is.

Turbo Kit AMS900X

Stainless headers / heat wrap

BCS valve

Injectors

Fuel reg

Braided Inj fuel hoses

Fuel rails

Bosch pump

Surge Tank

Surge tank fittings

Wiring parts

Pre filter

Catch can

Link G4 + IAT

ENGINE 2.5L SHORTBLOCK

Argo Road, JE Piston, New block

Head gasket

Deshroud Heads

ARP Stud kit

Kelford cams and springs

Reshim Heads

engine gaskets set oem

oils sparkplugs coolant

Hyperflow sump

Clutch assy 3800lbs kevlar disc

OEM new,Cambelt,tensioner water pump

The car wont be out of the shop till some time around the end of the year, as I have told David I don't want any short cuts taken, I want this build to last, it will most likely be mildly tuned to around 300kw, with the base set up to go allot further in the future with some more mods, sleving etc.

Hope this clears the air, Didn't want to start out on the wrong foot with you all but man i got an ambushing today.

Cheers,

Troy.

And now we can be nice..................................mmmmmmm Maybe :)

sorry i am no help in sourcing what u need BUT you can always just run a GPS unit as then it will show u any speed u need and is 100% accurate over all the different tire diametres u may use on this beast

I realise this buddy, I have a digi speedo that shows on the Turbo timer, I can see what speed I am doing, But that's not the point, I don't want to be rolling around the track or strip with my needle stalling at 180... Lame, wanting a 260km/h speedo does not mean I am going to go out and max it on the streets either.

From the actual answers I did get to my original thread, it seems as though my car will unfortunately be for ever a 180 dash.

Thanks for all the input though boys.

familyman said:

Since you will be running a Link, they make a pretty kick ass dash setup.

Something to look into?

Yea thanks for that.

Kind of have my eyes set on a full Defi set up, Have an old school crush on the gauge overload look, 6 Advanced CF gauges plus ZD display and controller... But you have a very valid point, I am running G4 Link... Will look into costs.

Thanks!