Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

catch cans

off2harrys

Aye how did petrol get in it bro ? Sure its petrol ? Should be plumbed up to the rocker breathers . . -shouldn't be near fuel . . . . . . . Sure its not water ? Some times water (condensation) fills up catch cans when they breathe to the atmosphere . . . . .

are you sure its petrol? blow by can contain fuel and oil vapour, it also condenses when it cools down and you'll often end up with milky oily fuel smelling crap in there.

How have you got it plumbed in? are you still running a PVC system?

yea connected to the breathers,it is milky browny prob just water and oil sure smells like petrol though.fired it up without the breather filter on it before seemed to be alot of petrol smelling moisture landing on my hand.my rex has always been extremely thirsty (300km full tank 98) but its way worse then that now days $40 gets me 50km now

The petrol smell will be from a bit of leakage through the rings (blow bye) hence the reason some one installed a catch can . . . . Its better if you recirc the catch can back into the intake . . . Helps prevent condensation ive found with other cars ive had

off2harrys said:

yea connected to the breathers,it is milky browny prob just water and oil sure smells like petrol though.fired it up without the breather filter on it before seemed to be alot of petrol smelling moisture landing on my hand.my rex has always been extremely thirsty (300km full tank 98) but its way worse then that now days $40 gets me 50km now

I think you need to get your car in for a check up... He sounds on her last legs...

that or you have a serious fuel leak somewhere...

Yea this cars farked,its had o2 sensor and afm codes for about the last 2years and no amount of changing them has ever fixed it.its going to the mechanic today to put a g4 in aswell as a/m rails and some 800cc sards so hopefully if there is something wrong with the fuel set up it will get spotted,otherwise my gas bills gonna get even worse,goodbye to those 2 codes atleast.

Yeah man . I dont really like running it out so I normally full up at quarter . . . But if I fill it to where the fuel cap is (lol full as bro !) I get 550 km easy if I drive quite normal . . . Worst economy ive gotten was 400km to a full tank. My old ver 2 would get 300 to 350 a tank . . . .

As for the OP .Air flow meter fault will make u run crazy as and probably why your economy is how it is . If maf is a good one . Crack the multImeter out and check wiring . . Check if maf signal is the same at the maf as it reads right on the ecu pin . . . . . . Also remember that faults are still stored until ecu is reset fully :)

same im lucky to even get 330km.wrxonp ur all sht bro.500km off a tank on 19psi? noway enless yu got a massive tank.last time i filled up it cost me 68.90$

Can you read bro ? Im not all shit . You just cant read thats all . I get 550km to a tank which cost 120 from dead empty to full all the way to the top of the spout . . . If yours is 70 from e to full thats a small tank . . But your a ra aren't you ? They have a smaller tank

Well you do the math . You obviously have a smaller tank when mine costs 120 ae . . And for the OP . If your using that much gas you must be running really rich . . . Which is probably bore washing which will be just making things worse . Which will be the fuel smell in the catch can . . . . . Check the maf signal at the maf and the ecu pin and I think you will find your fault there