Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

promote over steer

what's the most effective mods to promote over steer ?

i was thinking sub frame lock bolts would ? can some one please explain these and where they go ?

i was also thinking of replacing the rubber sub frame mounts with custom alloy shims . done this to allot of my old cars and work really well .

also solid diff mounts ?

a dccd centre diff is what Im after and don't hook the electronics up .

larger Rear sway bar ? what's larger than my 97 wrx one ?

any ideas is appreciated. also if any one has any dimensions for any of the above that would be awesome as i use a lathe daily at work and can turn some up

dampner yeah. nolathane mounts etc, so its firm, but still drivable....

well, thats my opinion anyways.

well, you can make it fwd switchable... seen it done on here somewhere... activate the fwd fuse block as the handbrake is operated...

im sure theres a way of doing it.... hmmmmm

kwi_fozze said:

well, you can make it fwd switchable... seen it done on here somewhere... activate the fwd fuse block as the handbrake is operated...

im sure theres a way of doing it.... hmmmmm

On an Auto yes...

Manual.. no...

Besides DCCD you don't have many options

WRXONP said:

what's the most effective mods to promote over steer ?

i was thinking sub frame lock bolts would ? can some one please explain these and where they go ?

i was also thinking of replacing the rubber sub frame mounts with custom alloy shims . done this to allot of my old cars and work really well .

also solid diff mounts ?

a dccd centre diff is what Im after and don't hook the electronics up .

larger Rear sway bar ? what's larger than my 97 wrx one ?

any ideas is appreciated. also if any one has any dimensions for any of the above that would be awesome as i use a lathe daily at work and can turn some up

Nolathane bush it All round to give you "feel". Largest diameter rear sway bar you can get,Strut brace front and rear, replace front suspension bush (goo filled) with 50mm offset ones to increase castor, fully tightened clutch style LSD. Dccd? good idea then you can dial up rear/front traction to suit your style.(dont rwd it, too much for your gearbox ,diff)!

Remember the best way to achieve a 4WD oversteer is to "Scandy" flick before the corner so as to break rear traction then allow you to catch the oversteer as you take the corner on opposite lock before the apex! Hope this helps you out. :)

WRXONP said:

yeah have front and Rear strut braces . i want a dccd without the wiring so it stays 65/35 torque split . . . herd its great

One thing at a time...Slowly but surely.(good things take time) Each time you change something you will notice the difference.Get to know what feel relates to each component changed.Later tune ups of your setup are easier when you feel each one you have made when first fitted.

Dccd. you can fit this centre diff system to your current gearbox without removing it from the car. You just need the dccd bit,possum bourne motorsport sell a controller for them.There are also some sophisticated mappable computers for them as well.

Possums works ok. And yes you do notice the difference when changing the controls on it.

Viscous centre does ok. It's possible to achieve oversteer and drive out of the slide quite well.

The subaru always has a tendancy to understeer. Evo"s (dare i say it) tend to oversteer a bit better (standard units)

yeah i know the center diff will fit my box hence why i said that. and no you don't need wiring and controller. if you put just the center diff in and nothing else the unit will permanently stay at 65/35 torque split like i said . . . and the wrx all ready over steers pretty good . just want more ! ! its easily controllable too . pure Rear Wheel drive would be sweet but allot more breakages lol . . . i red some where putting cheap hard tires on the Rear also helps . .

where's that guy who told me a while back that he did the dccd centre diff with no wiring he said it was the straight bomb digidy just can't remember his user name

WRXONP said:

yeah i know the center diff will fit my box hence why i said that. and no you don't need wiring and controller. if you put just the center diff in and nothing else the unit will permanently stay at 65/35 torque split like i said . . . and the wrx all ready over steers pretty good . just want more ! ! its easily controllable too . pure Rear Wheel drive would be sweet but allot more breakages lol . . . i red some where putting cheap hard tires on the Rear also helps . .

where's that guy who told me a while back that he did the dccd centre diff with no wiring he said it was the straight bomb digidy just can't remember his user name

Ken block has over 65 psi in his tyres. Helps ya skid it up alright!! Think i would power my dccd if i had it fitted,i know you dont need to, but it makes it tighten up all the time, good to dial it "off", less loading on the drive when its not required. Lets you do the handbrake slide too!

The stiffer/harder the setup the more it will slide.( no good for rallying)