non spinning turbo

Pappu1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DRFVDR']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

now on throttle comp surge is killer on your turbo . when your turbo is creating more air than the engine can ingest so it has to come back out the intake and there's allot more force driving the turbine on throttle then there is on de cel with fuel cut aye ?

/quote]

Ok comp surge DOES stall the wheel thats the sound your hearing, comp surge underload has nothing to do with what the motor can use its called a mismatched turbo totaly differant thing all together.

As Rick has said stop surfing the net go buy a book on the topic im not going to go over and over and over the same thing again and again i get wankers crap as it is dont need RSI from typing.

Yes blow valves are needed and the cars that were turbocharged factory and didnt run one normaly had a flappy AFM in front of it to which helped prevent surge, now go polish your car or something guys ;D

AAHHHHH this explains as to why the RX never came with a BOV from factory :)

and the early 90's gt4 celicas....

WRXONP said:

stall means to stop . that's the definition of stall . . when you stall ya car . . . it stops . . all Im saying is light surge hasn't harmed any of my turbos at all . . heaps of people surge all day long . . . .

and about the cars with flappy paddle air flow meters and no blow off valve . . yes you get no surge because the flap is blocking the intake off ! when the pressure tries to come out the intake it will push the flap shut . . then where's that air going to go ? its going to force the compressor to stall isn't it ?. . i see that as 100x worse then a little surge at low Psi

Last time i check when i stall an aircraft it doesn't stop midair but it does stop flying, the turbo wont stop but it stops flowing air through it.

• General Member
 WRXONP said:

stall means to completely stop yes ? Ive ran heaps of my cars with no intake to watch the compressor . it defiantly doesn't stall . . it hardly even slows down

The definition of stall...

7. The sudden, unintended loss of power or effectiveness in an engine.

8. A condition in which an aircraft or airfoil experiences an interruption of airflow resulting in loss of lift and a tendency to drop.

Just saying... Stop is not mentioned once.

Stall is similar to the word "retard" in that its true use and meaning has been somewhat bastardized to suit todays world and speech :)

Johnnynz']

stall means to completely stop yes ? Ive ran heaps of my cars with no intake to watch the compressor . it defiantly doesn't stall . . it hardly even slows down

/quote]

8. A condition in which an aircraft or airfoil experiences an interruption of airflow resulting in loss of lift and a tendency to drop.

Stall is similar to the word "retard" in that its true use and meaning has been somewhat bastardized to suit todays world and speech :)

so going off what u said to stall is to loose drive yes??

the exhaust doesnt stop untill the engines turned off !!!

• General Member
 WRXONP']

/quote]

so going off what u said to stall is to loose drive yes??

the exhaust doesnt stop untill the engines turned off !!!

Oh im not going down that road... Thats for someone else to argue because I couldn't care less tbh. I just think if your going to base you argument around semantics you should ensure you actually understand what the word itself means.

Stall means sudden, unintended loss of power or effectiveness in an engine.

Replace engine with Turbo and me blowing in the right place could be stalling it, just in an almost immeasurably small way.

As for how that relates to the s***fight your all having, duno, you all lost me at turbo...

One could say the Turbo has started to cavitate under is own air (or surge)

And Compressor Stall is a term use in the Gas turbine industry to discribe a rapid deacceleration of a turbine blade

Or the turbo is having an asthma attack due it sucking in air, but not being able to release it.

Take whatever you like from the meaning regardless damage is done and ever single turbo manufactor known to man kind will tell you the same, but what the fuck would they know one person has proved us all wrong.... legend

Now someone close this thread before the small animals are hurt.