Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Funny handling with RE070s

boon

• Admin

So I just went from MY01 225s on 17x7.5s to RE070s on 17x8's

I'm noticing (especially at low speed) that the steering is very... wayward? Twitchy? I'll be driving along a straight piece of road and it wants to twitch all over the place. Most commonly it wants to pull slightly to the left, but a fair amount of the time it's completely fine. Also fine at higher speeds (60kmh+?)

Is this the effect of a wider, much grippier tyre wanting to follow the road a lot more? Or is something funny going on here.

On a semi-related note, how often do you guys replace your PS fluid? I wonder if mines about due...

• Admin

They grip like jebus but I'm not sure I'm in love with them... especially with the price, noise and twitchyness... but the grip is pretty phenomonal, coming from MY01s.

I kinda suspect they won't pass their next WoF in which case I think they'll be relegated to track-day tyres, one day maybe haha.

What would you guys recommend in a 17x8? RE001? RE11? P-Zero, T1R... the list goes on...

boon said:

So I just went from MY01 225s on 17x7.5s to RE070s on 17x8's

I'm noticing (especially at low speed) that the steering is very... wayward? Twitchy? I'll be driving along a straight piece of road and it wants to twitch all over the place. Most commonly it wants to pull slightly to the left, but a fair amount of the time it's completely fine. Also fine at higher speeds (60kmh+?)

Is this the effect of a wider, much grippier tyre wanting to follow the road a lot more? Or is something funny going on here.

On a semi-related note, how often do you guys replace your PS fluid? I wonder if mines about due...

Yep i got this too when going to them.

All is forgiven when you drive them hard on a twisty bit of road....