Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wellington EOM Meet: Thursday 31st May

spark_38 said:

I'll prob give it a miss...

Next meet location should be revised. Can't be having it same place 4 months in a row.. surely there are other places?

When we stop getting 14-26 people turning up everytime that might be a point.

Also FYI we went to nando's, fireman's arms, nando's and burger fuel last four meets; last month we had a consensus that we'd go to burger fuel instead when we all met up at nando's, and because we didn't have 25 people and it's down the road this was an easy option.

I'm not against changing it up now and then, but current approach is working fine

Only because we are used to having different options. Only a few years ago the meets were always in the same place, and it worked well (Hells Petone), but yeah, variety is the spice of life sometimes.

Status quo is fine by me (local meets are good haha)

Oops, I meant having the meets in J/ville... last two months (i missed) and this one... one wonders where the next one will be

I will be based in the outskirts of Upper Hut shortly, and the drive won't be feasible. I'm not suggesting a meet out there, as only 2-3 of us are there - and let's be fair it's a s**thole :D

Stoffa said:

sorry, didn't make it only got home form work at 9pm, had to do a delivery to Oar-Tar-Key

Steve came out to see your car because he's convinced it's a myth :D.

Good turnout though, think we had 18 people - nando's actually had other customers for once so it was a squeeze but we did all fit. Good to see everyone :)

• 3 weeks later...

A few of us are going to try out 'The Art of Pizza' in Upper Hutt on Weds night; as part of our end-of-course outing for Intermediate Electronics cse.

Will advise of outcome...

Good news is: they have plenty off-street parking, large carpark behind the VTNZ

Will suss out the size and potential catering to medium sized groups - it maybe feasible to have a meet out here, since 4+ of us are out this ways :D

Their website is still under construction. http://artofpizza.co.nz/

That pizza place was nice. Prices range from $12-26 for a roughly 32cm pizza. I didn't finish mine, leftovers for lunch tmrw.

The dine-in was booked out. We had a small group of about 7, ordered takeaway and it took no longer than 15-20mins - not bad, considering they were made on the spot. My mate even got a free "Taranaki" beer, I didn't even realize Taranaki had their own branded beer :D

They can cater for groups of say 18-25, but require two weeks notice. I was going to suggest July as a possible meet? But realized I'll be in Aucks for last two weeks. How about August?

Al_baru said:

Jase, I still have some beer here in my garage with your name on it. Missed you at the last meet I wasn't there, and the previous one you weren't there :)

True. I haven't been to many meets - unlikely to make the one next week, as I'm assuming it'll be in J/ville again...