Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Max wkw on 650cc injectors

marc

Has anyone on here pushed 650cc injectors to the limit on a decent subaru or inline 4cly setup? Just curious as to real world how much power at the wheels they will support. I can take an educated guess as can many others on here but just keen to see if anyone has done it for real life facts ;). Thanks all

Thanks guys, yeah about what I had in mind. The rest of the fuel system is very good so can always try and bump up the pressure a little. I managed 230 out of my pinks and have some 650cc's here so just trying to decide to put them in or not. Wanting around 260 -270wkw range. I agree 270 will be the far upper of the limit and prob require 50 ish psi of base fuel press. Just hope that doesnt make the rest of the map a prick to tune..

there is an equation for fuel usage and flow rates relwted to expected power output somewhere. you put the injectors flow ratings into that equation and you reach a theoretical ceiling at a given pressure it can acheive. its theoretical and only practical once you have ALL supporting mods.

kooms got it correct

Stoffa said:

what about a ecu, that would make a difference to how much power you could squeeze out of them. you'd make less on a possumlink compared to a g4

Same afr's and timing on both, you'd essentially make the same power. Just more likely to have things go wrong if living near the edge of death if on a Possumlink where the G4 has more safety features. But if you have a setup that can push 650cc injectors to their limits, then a Possumlink should already be ruled out of the equation.

Koom']

[quote name='dacerx said:

all pie in the sky without knowing supporting mods

/quote]

Not really when just discussing how far a certain sized injector can be pushed to its limit on a particular type of engine.

You got it Koom.

And yeah its close to what I would like so im just going to give it a go next month I think. Car is using ECUTEK.

Cheers Funky, thoes online flow rate calculators etc have never worked for me in the past lol (always seem to suggest overkill really haha)

235kw on pong 565 buit they were maxed on the top end, afr 10.9-11.2

have seen 270 on 650 on a mates car with G4 link but that was on max side of things

yo marc if u planning to do that on ur GD , best to run no afm as the afm sees almost max voltage by then so wont get much more

SP00N said:

have seen 270 on 650 on a mates car with G4 link but that was on max side of things

yo marc if u planning to do that on ur GD , best to run no afm as the afm sees almost max voltage by then so wont get much more

a bigger maf tube would sort that out wouldn't it? Or can they just rescale the voltage?

Stoffa']

[quote name='SP00N said:

/quote]

a bigger maf tube would sort that out wouldn't it? Or can they just rescale the voltage?

yes correct a bigger maf unit will allow rescale