Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I think i'm getting knock

You've installed a boost tap or something, cranked up the boost until it makes funny noises, then think that pouring a bottle of shit in your gas tank will make it sweet? When you blow it up, I'm sure you'll tell all your mates how unreliable subarus are

no boost tap, just has 4mm vac lines, full exhaust, walbro, boost gauge, and just happens to boost 18 psi on primary and 20 some times 22 psi on secondary.

octane booster isn't shit . . well this stuff wasn't, obviously will have to start running 98 all the time or when can't get it use octane booster, the rings should be okay as the turbo blocks can with stand 22psi this is coming from a subaru service center.

cruiser40 said:

octane booster isn't s*** . . well this stuff wasn't, obviously will have to start running 98 all the time or when can't get it use octane booster, the rings should be okay as the turbo blocks can with stand 22psi this is coming from a subaru service center.

They could only handle 22psi if tuned for it. They can't withstand detonation.

I didn't know all the answers? I just wanted to know what det sounded like and tried to describe my symptoms to see if others thought it was det . . I still don't know for sure if it is

reaperblitz said:

You tube some sound clips. I was kinda worried about my noises from the engine bay but it was a combination of oil and my v3 heads that make it tick when cold.

Dunno if it's true or a story I'm being sold by two workshops but *sigh* it's not burning oil or coolant tho.

i had the understanding that v3 (solid shim) heads shouldn't tick. however hydrolic lifters do when thy get sticky

rex-leggy']

You tube some sound clips. I was kinda worried about my noises from the engine bay but it was a combination of oil and my v3 heads that make it tick when cold.

Dunno if it's true or a story I'm being sold by two workshops but *sigh* it's not burning oil or coolant tho.

i had the understanding that v3 (solid shim) heads shouldn't tick. however hydrolic lifters do when thy get sticky

They do if you have any wear and the clearances have grown too large.

[quote name='cruiser40 said:

octane booster isn't s*** . . well this stuff wasn't, obviously will have to start running 98 all the time or when can't get it use octane booster, the rings should be okay as the turbo blocks can with stand 22psi this is coming from a subaru service center.

/quote]

They could only handle 22psi if tuned for it. They can't withstand detonation.

Also, looking at your introduction thread, your car has only got the 380cc injectors (unless you've upgraded to a later model GTB ECU) and those little injectors can't handle any more than 15psi reliably.

Koom']

[quote name='reaperblitz said:

/quote]

They do if you have any wear and the clearances have grown too large.

i would've thought 2 workshops would take the time to lift a frecken rockercover. ::) how do these people have a job