Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN: Blue MX5 ZM8185 AKL

Hey guys, my car was stolen last night/early morning 1st/2nd of May.

Its a blue Mazda Mx5, stolen in Auckland, Hillsborough area.

Distinctive parts include a black hard top, wheels (Work Equip copies), wooden nardi, blue Bride Zeta III, and is lowered.

Number plate : ZM8185

Would you guys be kind enough to keep an eye out and report any sightings of this vehicle.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

20120419_071020.jpg

20120714_135630.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Much appreciated for any help

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, well I would just like to thank everyone that has help or even just spread the word or any sort of help they did.

The vehicle was found today in Avondale area. Can’t say the exact location as it was in someone’s backyard but they claim to not know anything about it… bs much… anyway, its rather close to the famous Terry street. I’ll disclose street address when I get the go ahead from the Police.

Anyways here are some pictures of what my awesome little jellybean has become.

piebo_zpsb07769d3.jpeg

They didn’t just strip all my parts, they had to flip it upside down and went crazy with an angle grinder on the front end….. sigh

Does anyone recognize that tag mark on the door?

pieboo1_zpseb085135.jpeg

They stripped everything leaving only the dash and rear diff  they even took my cert plate.

I guess our own worst enemy is really humans. Greed. Rather than earn something, they are willing to bring themselves happiness at the expense of other people’s hard work.

Thanks once again for anyone that has helped me out, whether it was building or searching or spreading the word.

If you guy’s wouldn’t mind.

Please do keep an eye out for parts from my vehicle, I would think they are rather unique so it shouldn’t be too hard to identify.

BC Racing coilovers for NA6/8 (not that many MX5’s using these I guess in NZ)

Bride Zeta III seat (Blue)

15x8 (Work equip 01 copies) +10 offset, tires are two new Falken ZE912 195/45/15 and two Advan 195/50/15

Nardi Classic steering wheel (wood grain with polished spokes) 360mm

B6 engine with gearbox (This will be hard to identify)

Well these are the major parts that are missing.

I have however recovered my hardtop.. Strangely enough, it was still at backyard of that property… nothing to do with them… I think not… they have the rear chrome clips missing, anyone know where to get replacements?

Rebuild of this chassis is not possible. I would think my car is RIP’d too many things damaged and missing. Sigh..

I will try my best to build another one, hopefully 

Thank you all for your kind words.

I haven\'t heard anything from the Police as of yet, but it\'ll probably take some time.

As for the story of that house, apparently the home owners were on holiday while their daugther was staying at another address in west Auckland, she claim to know nothing of this. She told police on the phone that she received a text from a friend saying there was a wreaked car in her backyard.... right..

As for my opinion, the car was very likely to be stripped at that location, all the unwanted parts (some interior trim, cut up bumpers, carpets) are placed in the backyard... in piles so they weren\'t dumped in a hurry, they were placed in sperate locations.

Also the car can\'t of just been dumped and flipped at that location, there were used/finished cutting disc etc that were placed on top of the car, well whats left of it anyways . Also that house must have played a part in the process of stripping this car, i mean where else can they get electricity to power their angle grinders etc... and the hardtop was placed neatly against the garden shed... one of the most expensive parts of the car, i am sure they were planning to come back for these, they wouldn\'t just forgo the hardtop if they took everything else.

The car was not insured :( that was totally my fault.

Are those little Terry street fags back in the cat theft buisness?, Am I the only one who thinks car thiefs should get a standard sentence of 2 years jail per car they steal instead of this bullshit community work or home detention they get.

Hey guys

Well the police called me yesterday and we talked for like 20 minutes. To sum it up, the conclusion of our discussion was:

There isn\'t enough evidence to keep this investigation open, house owner\'s daugther claims she knows nothing of this and she was the one that notified the police of the vehicle in her backyard.

He said unless there were wtinesses willingly to front up or someone admitting to the crime, then there really isn\'t much they can do. He did explain that there weren\'t enough resources to keep this case open which i can kind of understand. I mean... catching the person responsible really doesn\'t benefit the Police department, all its going to do is use up their budgets on something of no real monetary gain.

You guys are correct in doing e-detective work, the street is indeed Miranda Street in Avondale, i won\'t give out the number of the property but I am sure it\'s easy to work out. But what can we really do with an address, its not like we can force the truth out of them. Because then it\'ll make us the criminals..

Sigh.. to be honest, I knew there wasn\'t much the police can do. They can\'t force out real answers from the property owners, they will just give answers like .. "oh i don\'t know... it wasn\'t mine... I have no idea" then pretty much that\'s that. And i knew next door will say they didn\'t see anything, whats the benefit of being a witness, more trouble to them in the future, whether its using time to give evidence or dealing with the people involved in the future, its easier for them to just say they don\'t know.

I do agree that the punishments in NZ Law is fairly light, therefore these kinds of crimes are let off so lightly so there is no fear to anyone thinking of stealing a vehicle because the chances of being caught are so low.

But don\'t get me wrong, I am not blaming the NZ Police, I can just say that I blame our society, a society that has created parents that doesn\'t teach their children whats right and whats wrong to do. Teaching them that a better life is earned and not taken from other people.

No doubt the people involved grew up with parents that either didn\'t give a sh*t about them or does the same thing that they are doing now