Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

6 speed Gearbox into gc8

Does anyone know which driveshaft you need to use when you do the conversion.

The 5 speed is too long so will a 6 speed driveshaft work with the 6 speed tran and r180 rear diff? Hoping someone who has done it can confirm.

I maybe over thinking it but wondering if the mounting points are a different distance between the diff and the tran on a gc8 compared to the gdb it came from and I have to get some weird driveshaft for it like a auto one!

The half of the drive shaft that has the mounts on them all go to exactly the same place so no issue there.

6mt and 4EAT both have a shorter half so either. The other half is identical length to 5MT.

So either Find a full 6mt / 4EAT drive shalft or find the shorter half peice and re mount this to the half of you existing driveshaft.

The rear diff flanges are all the same pcd too for your model onwards

• Admin
 DacerX said:

the issue is the diff flange on the v9 r180 i had to get mine modded to work, but since your running the r160 you dont have that issue

This, my diff had a larger flange, had to press the flange off the old diff and swap it onto the new one.