Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Police Complaint

Hey guys I just thought i would share with you something that happend to Burning Angel, Ajz and myself tonight. We were out getting dinner in Burning Angels corona and got pulled over by a cop, now the corona didnt have reg or wof and so after a few minutes the cop comes back with two tickets for this and Laas (Burning Angel) is polite and accepts this as he knows hes buggerd anyway, fair enough you may think as both were out by over a month..... but here is where it goes wrong.... just as the cop turns to leave he stops, and pokes his head into the window and shines his torch on Ajz in the back and then me in the passenger front seat.. he then pauses looks at me and says, "oh you still have fun wasting peoples time test driving cars?.... at this point I had no idea what he was on about and said "Im sorry what officer?" and he replys " are you still wasting peoples time test driving cars that you dont buy?".... . he then walked off.

My flat mates looked at me and then it finally dawned on me.. he was the owner of an STI I test drove about 3 months back after i sold the Type R before I brought the RS Legacy. So apparently if your a cop, and someone test drives you car, (and I find out it doesnt go nearly as well as the NZ new one I drove a few months prior) it is ok to harass them during a traffic stop.

Now i work at Harvey norman and more and more people will come in to my department and spend a long time talking to me about the benifits of different washing machines, dishwasher ovens etc, and very often when i suggest one to buy the reply with "oh im still looking around" and probably proceed to go buy it elsewhere. My point is this tho, if someone came back and I said to them "Did you have fun wasteing my time earlier?" I would fully expect and deserve a serious warning and thats doing it in my own workplace. Fastforward to this situation and it would be the equivilent of me walking up to a customer in the street and harassing them in public...... I dunno about you guys but If this behaviour is unacceptable in my job then in a situation where you have the added element of Police authority and intimidation factor it seems totally out of order.

Ill be laying an official for this tomorow morning also.

Guest loren
 lunchie']

[quote name='loren said:

get over it dude, he did nothing worth complaining about.

/quote]

maybe your right, but i guess i just expected better from a cop, I want to be a cop and I just dont think behaving like that is appropriate.....

yeah pretty lame, but if that's the worse thing a cop ever says to you, you're doing ok.

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

maybe your right, but i guess i just expected better from a cop, I want to be a cop and I just dont think behaving like that is appropriate.....

yeah pretty lame, but if that's the worse thing a cop ever says to you, you're doing ok.

yeah i guess so, maybe i should just leave it, I think its more that since i want to be a Cop once i finish my degree I want to think that their better than this, that dispite all the crap they get they would still conduct themselves to a higher standard

Guest keltik

I dont blame him at all. Cops are human too surprisingly. Ive worked in retail and im sure you'd like to slap quite a few customers who contantly piss around in your department without buying anything.

Cops are people too. And some people are just little bitches when things don't go their way. Let it go, he was just having a moan. probably not something i would do, nor expect a cop to do while on duty.

but certainly not complaint worthy.

nztintin said:

if you were in a car with no wof or reg the cop probably thinks you wouldn't have had the cash to buy his car anyway so were therefore asting his time.

just a theory

he he probably assumed, and we all know what assuming things does :P

Guest STiEVO

maybe if your mate had a warrant and a rego and you got pulled up and nothing was wrong the policeman may have shone his torch on you and asked " hey there chap you end up buying a car after you looked at mine, oh really what did you end up getting, oh i had one of those before the one you came and looked at. oh well good luck and dont forget to check your oil as they are prone to running big end bearings. oh well good luck guys try and have a safe night and get this car sorted as any other officer may have it impounded."

just an opinion thats all.

keltik']

I dont blame him at all. Cops are human too surprisingly. Ive worked in retail and im sure you'd like to slap quite a few customers who contantly piss around in your department without buying anything.

Cops are people too. And some people are just little bitches when things don't go their way. Let it go, he was just having a moan. probably not something i would do, nor expect a cop to do while on duty.

Ya reckopn, i am yet to meet a "decent" one, the all seem to be power trippers to me...(and i know about 5 cops personally and all of them are the same.)

[quote name='loren said:

I disagree, it harassament, and what makes it worse is its by a public figure who should know better. I would be complaining, 1st to the snr srgt at the cop shop then id' be writing away to Howard Broad to express my dissapointment in the NZ police and ask him to respond.

Guest STiEVO

dude the boy racers that give all the car enthusiasts a bad name should know better as well . come on as i said there would not have been this incident if his mate had a rego and warrant

STiEVO said:

dude the boy racers that give all the car enthusiasts a bad name should know better as well . come on as i said there would not have been this incident if his mate had a rego and warrant

totally agree with that koro. you should off never been on the road.

You know what the girl at BK yesterday said "enjoy your lunch" to me, but her tone was all wrong she was more like enjoy your lunch, and i was like what's that supposed to mean.

I'm going to lay a complaint, no one tells me to enjoy my lunch.

Get over it.

STiEVO said:

you may be right, but do you think the ticket would have been given in the first place if I hadnt of been in the car? I wonder.....

lunchie']

[quote name='STiEVO said:

/quote]

you may be right, but do you think the ticket would have been given in the first place if I hadnt of been in the car? I wonder.....

You said he shined the torch on you after the tickets.

And yes a ticket for NO WOF OR REGO would have been given out anyways.

Do you have 14days compliance or something on it???

Guest STiEVO

omg are you serious or taking the piss. are you saying that a car with no rego and no warrant would not have got a ticket if you werent in the car. if so and you honestly believe that i would expect you to pay for the fine or atleast half of it anyway. ;D

dubbedup']

Ya reckopn, i am yet to meet a "decent" one, the all seem to be power trippers to me...(and i know about 5 cops personally and all of them are the same.)

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

I disagree, it harassament, and what makes it worse is its by a public figure who should know better. I would be complaining, 1st to the snr srgt at the cop shop then id' be writing away to Howard Broad to express my dissapointment in the NZ police and ask him to respond.

I've never met a cop who I thought was a complete power tripper, but then I've always been civil to them and only ever been stopped for the mundane light bulb, breathtests or driving late at night. And even then I don't mind because they're only checking it's not stolen and no harms done.

I know quite a few cops and they are people.

I don't think it was polite what he said or proper for his position, but bringing it up to his superiors might only bring some repercussions down the line for you. Especially if you're gonna join up. Best to wait till then and look him up?

If you feel ill about complain, it's your right, to do so, if you get slack from it, keep a record of it because it will end in a pay out for police harassment, if the court find the officer at fault.

Having no rego and wof wasn't the best idea though, you all could of gone out for tea in legal street car, yeah, but the comment was unrelated to offence.

Opinion vary on this from everyone point of view, if you feel justified, it was uncalled for, so complain and keep record of it... as it is cops investigating cops in the police complaint process.

If you think it not worth it, not worth the hassle... build a bridge and move on...

Personally I love to fight the cops "LEGALLY" I get wood when I win too, like solid Totara

cpt kernow']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

I've never met a cop who I thought was a complete power tripper, but then I've always been civil to them and only ever been stopped for the mundane light bulb, breathtests or driving late at night. And even then I don't mind because they're only checking it's not stolen and no harms done.

I know quite a few cops and they are people.

I don't think it was polite what he said or proper for his position, but bringing it up to his superiors might only bring some repercussions down the line for you. Especially if you're gonna join up. Best to wait till then and look him up?

Ive only met about 3 cops that have been nice and polite.

Every other one has been up them selves power trippers that a so bloody rude >:(

One time I was pulled over by a cop. he was rude untill he noticed I had my mum siting in the passagers seat. He seemed polite after that.

I guess they're reactive to the situation. Tone of voice and facial expressions are most of the communication. If you roll eyes or go 'sorry officer' it could pisss em off a little.

Who knows, maybe in Akl they're all just friendly happy peeps? (insert tui ad)

Guest STiEVO
 cpt kernow said:

I guess they're reactive to the situation. Tone of voice and facial expressions are most of the communication. If you roll eyes or go 'sorry officer' it could pisss em off a little.

Who knows, maybe in Akl they're all just friendly happy peeps? (insert tui ad)

reactive smactive just be glad you dont get shot and you live to drive another day lol

Been pulled over plenty of times normally just to have a chat it seems ???

unless you get pulled over by a female police officer, mam isn't correct ms or mrs is wrong i just nod my head now.

bitches is all i can say they look for things wrong, the males think a wof is good enough females want you to pop the bonnet to look for the cert.