Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

turbo nut rounded

tydon

evowrx said:

Soak in inox or use a penetrene of some sort and let it sit. Id remove the up pipe and see your friendly local engineer. and def give the nutcracker a go.

lol damnit stupid nut haha i need change downpipe tnyt or bolt all bk together

So you mean one of the nuts holding the downpipe onto the turbo is rounded off?

You can smash it off with a chisel and hammer. Weld something onto it. try grips and some muscle. Another possible option is to thread 2 more nuts onto it and use that to extract the stud?

When it happened to me we smashed it off with a chisel haha

If its what I think it is there\'s little other option than smash it off. No room to get hammers ect in there

slystiguy said:

So you mean one of the nuts holding the downpipe onto the turbo is rounded off?

You can smash it off with a chisel and hammer. Weld something onto it. try grips and some muscle. Another possible option is to thread 2 more nuts onto it and use that to extract the stud?

When it happened to me we smashed it off with a chisel haha

If its what I think it is there\'s little other option than smash it off. No room to get hammers ect in there

i got it off with vicegrips threads abit munted though haha cheers guys

The trick I use ( and it is an old school idea) is when doing this job REPLACE the studs with Stainless items( I think the subaru genuine ones are) and then use a Brass nut to secure, 2 reasons for this 1/ brass onto stainless less likely to corrode and seize 2/if it does brass a shit load easier to break off :)

How did u get on with this ?

Have bad a few and rounded nuts before and mostly had to cut or use a big screwdriver and try turning it with by hitting on the sides with

Another option is to see if u can hame on a smaller socket and if its on right enough u may be able to turn the nut

It\'s a right PIA when that happens

• Admin
 SP00N said:

Have bad a few and rounded nuts before and mostly had to cut or use a big screwdriver and try turning it with by hitting on the sides with

Another option is to see if u can hame on a smaller socket and if its on right enough u may be able to turn the nut

Old imperial sockets... get one undersized, smash it on with a hammer.

Or put a much larger nut over the top, weld it on (the heat of welding often helps loosen things up), put a rattlegun on that and give it heaps

boon']

[quote name='SP00N said:

/quote]

Old imperial sockets... get one undersized, smash it on with a hammer.

Or put a much larger nut over the top, weld it on (the heat of welding often helps loosen things up), put a rattlegun on that and give it heaps

it was the nut closest to the brake booster so noway of getting a hammer in there haha unless i wanted to tap it like a a fairy haha though of trying it but was like no way am i gunna be able hit it hard enough with a gap of 8-10cms or less haha. vicegrips got it of munted the nut something wicked lol and took frickin forver lol and grazed my knuckles a few times a few swear words here and there haha