Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reporting a Mecahnic / Workshop ?

scooby-wrx

You dont have much/any come back other than small claims, if he is not a memeber of the MTA then that should be some what of a warning ( not entirely true but most GOOD general Work shops will be MTA approved ) as they do have a criteria to meet,

Does he even have any qualifications as a mechanic ? plenty cowboys out there who have never even sat a trade cert

Sorry about the delayed response... Been rather busy and wanted to get my car back before updating this thread.

evowrx Dtech are just around the corner. They did the wiring loom conversion on the car and I was impressed with their work, however not many guys around that will strip and rebuild a gearbox. Never contacted them, but have been told they wouldn\'t do it.

We are borg mechanic told me he was MTA approved, however I called them and he\'s not! He is an "A" Grade mechanic - seen the certificates etc. he definitely knows what he\'s doing, however not enough time to spend ensuring its perfect...!

funkytown No mates rates involved what so ever. I\'m no different to any other customer, however always get bumped to the end of the line...!

VADZTER I was shocked to say the least... Only reason I didn\'t do it myself was the wiring loom. I know for next time though, that\'s for sure!

legacy666 I agree, however its easier said than done when there are parts for your car lying all over the workshop etc... Still no excuse! Seriously regretting it now!

titian I initially planned on taking 2 years to pay him back due to all the delays etc... however I was an idiot and paid him over a few weeks.

I got the car back last night and needless to say its exactly as I expected...! Gearbox is basically only good for parts now! It clunks and bangs / binds up when turning so a diff or something has been damaged. DCCD is no longer connected as mechanic could not source a drop down DCCD gear! He\'s put something in there to get it going but I suspect it wont last long... Definitely want to take things further despite mechanic trying... Its just not bloody good enough in my opinion! I\'m going to buy another run about for now as this is going to take ages to resolve!

Any DCCD boxes for sale? Waiting to hear back from PPG regarding dog box options, but can\'t justify spending anymore on the car so may just put a non DCCD STI box in it for now to keep it going.

Car is for sale for $20k. Engine / gearbox etc cost me just over 15k app. 4 months ago so its a bargain... :D

+1 I\'ve been dealing with tony and dtech a lot lately and they certainly come across as honest and knowledgable. I wouldn\'t think twice about using them on my car build if I lived in that area it would be in good hands.

boon said:

Pretty sure there\'s just about nothing Tony at DTech can\'t do on a Subaru, and a strip and rebuild of a gearbox is surely within his capabilities.

Cheers for the vote of confidence Logan (+ Clint & Russ)! While I do most of the work on my own car myself, I am by no means a mechanic so it certainly wouldnt be me doing the work on the customers cars! (I am workshop manager/parts guy/point of contact etc). Rest assured though, our guys are well experienced with pretty much every area of mechanical, electrical, and tuning work so can handle most jobs well enough :) (but yes, we have done a fair bit with Subarus so know them fairly well).