Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

H6 running carby

G Trash

hi im new on here this is my first post actually. iv recently added a Lancaster 6 the my fleet of subys an just a random idea. im thinkin of building a custom intake for the h6 an using anything up to an including a 650 holley... ill build a custom set of flows an a full exhaust also run a link setup for ignition ( or something better if any knows of a unit that would maybe plug up to my sensors an coilpacks) I already have hks adjustables an 18in mags for it an would also do some head work...any ideas suggestions help would be awesome thanks

yes definite switch to manual should hav stated that. I thort about ITBS but theres a bit more in the setup. a high flow single carb to keep it as simple as possible im just wanting to be different I guess....I have a bg5 gt 5spd in good nick an was told its gonna fit?? also have the same box rwd just a welded c/d

Nothing wrong with this idea. I have one in the pipeline involving a 1st gen EZ30 and twin carbs.

Having already done a carb swap on an EJ22, i can say the results were bloody excellent and produced a much more RAW exciting motor than i wouldve got converting the body to EFI. When an EJ22 sounds this good weberised, my loins fizz at the notion of the noise an EZ would produce

G Trash said:

I love the 6cyl engine I just wanna hear it rev freely

Oh this bit needs correcting tho. It just wont....ever. The heads are s***. As we can see in this nice graphic showing the difference between phase one heads and later AVCS style heads. No matter what you do, that early motor isnt going to enjoy revving.

KELTIKDynosheet_zps63b4cf85.jpg

Not many people on this forum can say they have run both motors without a rev limit set just to see what happens. At 7200 I got bored and changed gear with the first motor, It wasnt making any power at that RPM anyways. So far ive managed 8500 on this one and only shifted for fear of my alternator escaping through the bonnet.

I don\'t see your reasoning, the cold start and idle quality of an efi vehicle not to mention the efficiency is just great.

I know you think it\'d be cool but I think itb\'s would be cooler and a turbo would be cooler again

And look how popular that s*** is.

Seriously, make up some spacers to fit the fuel rails, convert to an EZ30R intake manifold then put some cams in it if your feeling brave.

Would be quite interesting I think and relatively easy to do. It also wouldn\'t look like a rangi piece of shit sitting out of place in an Outback/Lancaster