Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Regarding Re-flash, V7 STI 2001

uwa8nc

Ok guy's got a re-flash done by "papuu" on here. He reckons i should be somewhere between the 210-220kw mark. Also have launch control now. Question i have is, the car was pulling alot harder before i put in the new DW200 fuel pump. And we put the negative terminal back onto the battery which would have re-set the ECU right?

Now, would me changing the fuel pump from the stock pump to the DW200 make any difference in boost?...

Please let me know, thanks

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ting_card1.jpg

The fueling could be very different smaller pump being asked to work harder then ya tell a better pump to work on the same parameters its always gonna be different, go back and see Amit he will be more than happy to sort it if so.Hes a top bloke and stands by his work I recommend him as he did my car and I have had no problems at all with it and thats 2 years now since we did it.

The pump would have no bearing on your boost settings what so ever or so you would think but depending on your what your boost gauge is telling you there could be underlying problems there and as for your ecu resetting that was true for older GC/GF models but not yours so your quite safe there. It seems like we need more info on your problem can you elaborate anymore??

The new pump was installed a few days BEFORE the reflash so it will have nothing to do with the reflash. I went for a drive with the op after he installed the pump to see if it was obvious but it drove as good as any stock v7 would, didn't notice anything abnormal. They did use the aftermarket deatschwerks filter sock on the new pump and i've told him to swap back to the stock one. He just thinks it was faster before the pump install for some reason. But the reflash was done a few days after this so now even i'm confused with what he's getting at

Navin said:
The new pump was installed a few days BEFORE the reflash so it will have nothing to do with the reflash. I went for a drive with the op after he installed the pump to see if it was obvious but it drove as good as any stock v7 would, didn't notice anything abnormal. They did use the aftermarket deatschwerks filter sock on the new pump and i've told him to swap back to the stock one. He just thinks it was faster before the pump install for some reason. But the reflash was done a few days after this so now even i'm confused with what he's getting at

Well that changes things the way he worded it sounded like he did it after the tune still doesn't change the point go back and see Amit

johnny5 said:
The fueling could be very different smaller pump being asked to work harder then ya tell a better pump to work on the same parameters its always gonna be different,

That's not how they work, it's either "on" or "off"

For what it's worth just go chuck it on a dyno (or virtual one?) - see how it is, if it makes the right power and isn't lean then stop worrying about nothing

hey guy's .. the main difference was when Minhaaj and me changed the stock pump to the aftermarket 250DW. I felt a loss in power for some reason and Minhaaj did too. I don't know if it's safe to change the pump back to stock without asking Amit first since the re-flash has been done with the new pump in.

What do you guy's reckon?.. My turbo was kicking in at 2.5krev's with the old pump and now it's somewhere between 3.5-4k revs.

Not entirely sure whether it is the pump, but the re-flash is all good.

Just didn't feel as much pull in the seat when the pump was changed.

Any input would be appreciated.

What do you guy's reckon? Change the pump back to the stock one?.. And let the ECU re-set itself then?...

Marky said:
That's not how they work, it's either "on" or "off"

For what it's worth just go chuck it on a dyno (or virtual one?) - see how it is, if it makes the right power and isn't lean then stop worrying about nothing

Where's the best place to do a dyno run? J-tune?

kwi_fozze said:
no, it wont have any effect, unless the pump is too small, which i doubt.

what sort of fuel are you using? pappu normally uses a tune set for 98 only, so if you run anything less it'll pull a mountain of timing.

I only use BP98.

Maybe the original pump was half knackered, the car was running lean and went faster

The purpose of the fuel pump is to provide pressure and flow to the fuel rail - that pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulator

You could run a dozen 1000hp pumps or a single factory one and IF the FPR was capable of keeping the pressure right, then you would see zero change from one to the next

There is no way that a change in fuel pump has magically changed how fast your turbo spools up or how much power the car makes, unless either a) the old one was just making things ever so lean, or b) the new one is so ridiculously tough it is overpowering the FPR and making you run pig rich

Given it has just had a flash tune which I am assuming involved a wideband to rule out the pig rich option, doesn't leave many more options

Marky said:
Maybe the original pump was half knackered, the car was running lean and went faster

The purpose of the fuel pump is to provide pressure and flow to the fuel rail - that pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulator

You could run a dozen 1000hp pumps or a single factory one and IF the FPR was capable of keeping the pressure right, then you would see zero change from one to the next

There is no way that a change in fuel pump has magically changed how fast your turbo spools up or how much power the car makes, unless either a) the old one was just making things ever so lean, or b) the new one is so ridiculously tough it is overpowering the FPR and making you run pig rich

Given it has just had a flash tune which I am assuming involved a wideband to rule out the pig rich option, doesn't leave many more options

I kind of understand what your getting at.

May be the car is running rich.

• Admin

Run it on a bench, with an FPR dialled for about 65psi, measure how fast it can fill a container on the return line with fuel.

That will give you the flow-rate.

Much simpler way, just swap it for another pump.

Generally though, fuel pumps are either fine, or the car runs like a complete bag of ****, not just "doesn't pull as hard"