Marky

Paint in a can - where best?

I need to get some paint in a spraycan to match my bumper to the rest of the vehicle

I have a bastard paint colour called java black which translates to "black with some gold flecks" - it is a factory subaru colour with a code

Who would you folks recommend for me to acquire some of this?

Since you are in TGA, go and see Linkup Paints in Judea (Barberry Street, off Birch Ave), they can possibly help. We have had good results with colour matched cans made up by them before.

Reviving this thread for AKL....  Need to patch up my rear bumper and spray some skirts I am acquiring that are the wrong colour....got in touch with www.autopaint.co.nz a while ago and they quoted the following to give aerosol cans that are custom matched (given the actual colour will have faded and therefore be different from my paint code)

"$35.80 for the 1st aerosol & $20.50 for any extras that you order at the same time. Clear coats are $18.00 each, all prices includes GST."

Is this reasonable? Has anyone used these guys before or have alternative recommendations?

48 minutes ago, willisnz said:

Reviving this thread for AKL....  Need to patch up my rear bumper and spray some skirts I am acquiring that are the wrong colour....got in touch with www.autopaint.co.nz a while ago and they quoted the following to give aerosol cans that are custom matched (given the actual colour will have faded and therefore be different from my paint code)

Is this reasonable? Has anyone used these guys before or have alternative recommendations?

What size are the cans? if the same size as the supercheap mixed cans then it sounds like a good price, especially for the extra cans. And a god deal if they actually paint match to the car colour and not just mix from a formula

55 minutes ago, willisnz said:

That is a great question @SpeedySub I'm not sure....

I will check out the size of the cans I got a while back from Supercheap. Of the top of my head they probably were a 250ml can. Also depending on what colour the car is you could try polishing up the rest of the car and see if that helps wit the faded colour, that way they paint match will be better. I did a patch on the wifes car (white) and the new paint look much whiter, but with a little cut and polish you couldn't tell the difference

Despite being a 98, the paint looks in pretty good condition, so I am tempted to just get it done to a code.  It was actually the autopaint guy saying, via email without seeing the car, that because it was an old car the paint would be faded so the colour wouldn't match.

Supercheap website implies they are 300g cans for $35. Autopaint might be a goer on that basis, as I will probably need a couple of cans.

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Product/Lyndar-Basecoat-Aerosol-300g/373398?menuFrom=1021774

Both involve popping over to Henderson, and I need some wiper refills for the BH so will be headed that way anyways.

2 hours ago, willisnz said:

Supercheap website implies they are 300g cans for $35. Autopaint might be a goer on that basis, as I will probably need a couple of cans.

http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Product/Lyndar-Basecoat-Aerosol-300g/373398?menuFrom=1021774

Both involve popping over to Henderson, and I need some wiper refills for the BH so will be headed that way anyways.

Thats the one I have

34 minutes ago, willisnz said:

Linkup saying $25 for a 300g can....I think we may have a winner!

That looks like a good deal, I would go for it too!