GC8E2DD

Can Has 1/8 BSP Tap?

Problem is that I have a very soft thin sleeve of thread tightly wedged in an existing 1/8 BSP female thread of aluminium. I've tried backing it out with a tapered reverse thread bit, but there isn't enough thickness to grab and will just make a mess. Plan was to run a tap back through it to grind out the offender and preserve the host thread.

Aside from borrowing one... the best bet would be wr twigg just round the corner from you.

GC8E2DD said:
Problem is that I have a very soft thin sleeve of thread tightly wedged in an existing 1/8 BSP female thread of aluminium. I've tried backing it out with a tapered reverse thread bit, but there isn't enough thickness to grab and will just make a mess. Plan was to run a tap back through it to grind out the offender and preserve the host thread.

Ahh right, yeah you probably want a proper sized tap then rather than the closest metric size.

My father is an engineer based in Titahi Bay he should have a 1/8BSP

if u can make it out this way

Thanks for all the offers guys. I bit the bullet and hit up WR Twigg for a new one. For future reference, if anyone else in WGTN needs one, I can sort you out.