SuperS0nic

BP Legacy Auto to 6 Speed Swap

Has anyone found any threads where this has been done successfully? I know Super Gramps from Mighty Car Mods was this swap and they made it work by modifying the crossmember and using a Haltech but I wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with this swap?

@cyruslow has had it done recently. A donor car with all the electronics makes it a lot easier. Buying things piece by piece would be costly.

This guy had it done too, not a lot of info on it though.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=1035

Almost anyone will tell you it is a crazy idea and just not financially worthwhile in any way. Sell the auto and buy a manual would be most people's suggestions, even one with 10’s of thousands put into it isn't really worth doing it to for most people, buy a manual and swap in all the things that made you like your car in the first place.

MCM did it as they already had most of the stuff from the original car including the Haltech setup, minus the wet ECU itself, and loads of cheap/free labour from those at the top of their game. Plus different stuff like that makes for a good show.

i think @Andy_Mac had already commented that it is a big task and its going to cost significantly more.

For my situation, it makes more sense for me to swap the 6mt in for my auto, just get a donor car and swap in the components.

If you haven't done much to your ride. consider selling it and going for the manual version.

And if you persist, then @Subirex Automotive is the place for you to do the swap.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 12:26 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Almost anyone will tell you it is a crazy idea and just not financially worthwhile in any way. Sell the auto and buy a manual would be most people's suggestions, even one with 10’s of thousands put into it isn't really worth doing it to for most people, buy a manual and swap in all the things that made you like your car in the first place.

I never ended up doing it. I bought a manual car instead. Too many potential headaches and cost.