Sign in to follow this  
mrbuchanan

OBD II - Real Time Data (Boost etc)

Hi All,

I'm looking to get an OBDII adapter to that will work with the Torque Pro app on Android to display real time readings from the various things available over ODBII.

My understanding is that to get that you need one that is SCCM compatible?

Has anyone got any ideas, or has done this before? Is it even possible?

Thanks heaps.

Daniel.

Yea a few have done it. Are you wanting it to be wired or wireless? The update rate is much better with wired. The ultimate setup is using a Tactrix cable and an app called BTSSM. Gives you miles more info than any other app out there for these cars.

This was my setup until just recently.

The app lets you pull fault codes, Learning view snapshots and even records a snapshot of all available data at the time if knock is detected.

42967424374_7fffde71b6_b.jpg

@Andy_Mac thanks heaps for that, really helpful.

Where can you get Tactrix cables in NZ? Or is it something that I'd have to get from the states?

I'm pretty much looking to do the same thing you've got, although I've got a double din android headhunt to go in there.

Haven't come across anywhere in NZ that sells them yet. 

Are your intentions to put the HU in the top cubby or down low where I have mine? Most units are too deep to fit in the top hole as there is a bar back there.

Thanks, I'll look at getting one direct from Tactrix then.

Yeah, I'm planning to put it up the top, but if it doesn't work then I'll probably just get a tablet for the space.

From what I've checked so far it should fit I think.

We'll see how I go once the head unit arrives, if it doesn't fit, it's no loss (it's only a cheapie from Wish).