Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Share your knowledge!!!

nt_a_foz said:

no point getting aboost controller if you just want to run 14-15psi (factory) boost as you should be getting that..

My pic would be what i said plubmed by passing the facotry contoller..

There wil just be a short line going between the compressor housing on the turbo and the wastegate acutator on the turbo..

Not going up to the controller..

yer just what i said last night.. the b/c will get you to 15psi but clearly it wont fix the underlying problem. The factory set up with out the controller should get you their easy.

Dude - I changing a rocker cover gasket on the w/e. Come round and wel compare all your piping to mine and im sure we find the prob.

My bets on wastegate pressure as well.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro has your ecu thrown any codes (lol have u checked?)

begin from there first bro..

read the code and then reset the ecu and see if makes a difference and if the codes come up again then replace whatever that the code is throwing..

update us bro..

PS. i just ran mine on wg just to check the boost i wud get..

PS. as a TEST , maybe take the boost hose out of the wg and run the car and make sure you can get more boost (just to see if the turbo has the balls lol).. abort the run at 14-15 pound just to be on the safe side..

did they actually find the problem that caused the engine to run a bearing?

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing, i.e ichi ban or a subaru dealer workshop.

You'll probably find the fault immediatly once its plugged into a test computer

sorry guys just in melbourne at the mo

when i get back ill recheck the codes run a cross check on jon's

theeeeen.. might have to give ichi ban a buzz

sorry for the delay " no dramas mate" gta love these aussies... not to sure bout the idea's of a MEAN looking subbie tho :S

one more thing i have the chance to get a y pipe down pipe? guess thats the one with two seperate pipes down to a sinlgle its a 2.5 then there a bell mouthed one (or suming like that) thoughts on which would be best they are both around the same price

F4TB01 said:

one more thing i have the chance to get a y pipe down pipe? guess thats the one with two seperate pipes down to a sinlgle its a 2.5 then there a bell mouthed one (or suming like that) thoughts on which would be best they are both around the same price

that could be a twin turbo one no?...

I think the one kind of pipe uses a seperate pipe for the wastegate and turbine, whereas a bellmouth just has a large collector that covers both sometimes with a seperator plate between the two.

keltik said:

I think the one kind of pipe uses a seperate pipe for the wastegate and turbine, whereas a bellmouth just has a large collector that covers both sometimes with a seperator plate between the two.

the siamese one is the best to get.. that is what you describe with the wastegate having its own exhaust path down the front pipe...

The bellmouth = stock = crap..

Y pipe.. usually refers to front pipe on a Twin turbo.... is that i meant

BC5RA said:

Best setups I've seen on any Turbo dump pipe has been a separated wastegate pipe.

I would doubt you would feel a tangible difference if you were to change yours to Siamese version.

sweet spanks - i guess a totally seperate pipe makes sense.. like the external guys run..

thanks for the knowledge empartment