Sign in to follow this  
Gazzaroonie

O2 sensor wiring loom identification

Posted (edited)

A while ago i took my car to a mechanic to get the o2 sensor replaced, long story but its still not right. I found a heath robinson mess of spade connectors inside the plug of the new sensor this all fell apart when i disturbed it. The car is a 2003 BL5 EJ20X can anybody help me identify the wires that go to the sensor it is one downstream by the Catalytic converter 

Edited by Gazzaroonie

No wonder it didn't work, they're very picky about the O2 sensor. If they had to do a hacky bodge then it's because it wasn't the right sensor for the car.

Honestly I'd be buying a correct sensor for it, then get a plug with 20cm of wiring still attached from a wrecker and reinstating the factory setup. Won't be hard to match up that way either.

• Like 1

Or just leave it out and delete the code for cat inefficiency or whatever it throws up when it is disconnected, assuming you are in fact talking about the one down at the bottom half of the downpipe and not the one up near the turbo