Sign in to follow this  
BLSTIC

Gen 1 intake piping, need to replace

So both my flatmate and I have gen 1 legacy GTs with not one whole intake pipe between us.

What are you guys doing to replace these now 30 year old items? There's a turbo-intercooler pipe on Ebay for v1-2 wrx that looks like I can cut it short to go to the water-air intercooler, but I'd need to compare my intake piping to the WRX to confirm.

There's nothing for the resonator to turbo pipe that isn't just a normal flexible bend that looks like it could break though.

Any ideas? Switching to a v3+ intake manifold to run under-manifold is not an option at this point, I'll do that when I get beyond what I can do with the factory ECU

If I remember on Sunday I'll take a look in my spares. 
Up until a month or so ago I ran a BC Legacy rally car, and no have a v2 WRX, so I have a bunch of misc parts between them, I'll try compare biuts and see if I've actually got any intake setups...

That would be fantastic.

Also, possumlink be awesome if you've got one you don't need. Even if I can't pony up for it my flatmate (who needs the second set of piping) probably will, along with any performance parts you might want to part with. We both want to eventually have 250whp if that helps anything

1 minute ago, BLSTIC said:

That would be fantastic.

Also, possumlink be awesome if you've got one you don't need. Even if I can't pony up for it my flatmate (who needs the second set of piping) probably will, along with any performance parts you might want to part with. We both want to eventually have 250whp if that helps anything

I'll take a look, I did have a possum link at one point, but might've gotten rid of it already.

Will try remember to have a look on Sunday and let you know!

I have a v1 wrx. I literally took my intercooler pipe (because I am not paying 250 plus for a brand new one, plus it looks very restrictive) and went to nzkw, supercheap, repco and made something similar out of silicone Hoses, large radiator hose, hose Clamps, and high temp rtv. It's very fugly and rfb but works well, boosts okay, bit more lag which is fun and I will replace it when I go to like a v7 ic.