Gidday.....again, have a 2006 bp5 stock standard legacy auto, having trouble when the car is cold. When started from overnight the car starts good, but idles at bout 2000rmp, then after 5 seconds it drops to 800 then up to 1500rpm then the engine shakes the car considerably, and when driven like this has no power, have put new spark plugs in it OEM ones, cleaned the maf, unsure where else to look. When warm drives great and idles steady. Sorry for the long novel here but any help would be appreciated, cheers rick

Hey!
If you unplug the MAF, does it act the same, or change?
Possible it could be a failed MAF.

Gidday cheers for the reply, will try that tomorrow, if it changes then it poss not the maf? 

11 hours ago, Rickit said:

Gidday cheers for the reply, will try that tomorrow, if it changes then it poss not the maf? 

Yeah if it reacts the same as it does now, then it's most likely the MAF, it it starts idling worse/drives worse, then it's unlikley to be the MAF :)

Gidday, just unplugged the maf while idling, revs dropped initially, bit then was steady, similar to how it was plugged in, just brought up a check engine code seemed to be the only difference and didn't seem to shake the engine, thoughts?

17 hours ago, Rickit said:

Gidday, just unplugged the maf while idling, revs dropped initially, bit then was steady, similar to how it was plugged in, just brought up a check engine code seemed to be the only difference and didn't seem to shake the engine, thoughts?

Hmm might possible be that failing then, I'd see if you can get another one to test/replace it, maybe if you know someone around you with the same model?

What part of the country are you in? 

Have heard of coolant temp sensors causing something like this on older models as it can't decide how much extra fuel to add when cold so jumps around a lot.

Or maybe a gasket somewhere that leaks a bunch when cold then expands enough when hot to not have such an impact.