Jump to content
Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Help wanted !


Recommended Posts

Hey guys first time poster here .

I have acquired a 2003 bp5 legacy , the guy I got it off has done a heap of work himself changes some of the interior to new stuff , recond block heads and head gaskets done etc have some of the proof but most done by himself.

 

The problems are cars in limp mode has thrown a few codes one being the knock sensor I'm sorting that but have been told that wont cause it to go into limp mode ? Main cause of concern is

b0223 -  can-hs vdc/abs no receive data

and u1223-  can-hs vdc/abs no receive data .

Few things online and talking to people seem to think could be the abs computer they are common to fault  with some wire in them , if anyone had the abs wiring diagram for a 2003 bp5 legacy that would be great 

 

Edited by Henasi
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Henasi said:

Hey guys first time poster here .

Hi

 

2 hours ago, Henasi said:

I have acquired a 2003 bp5 legacy , the guy I got it off has done a heap of work himself changes some of the interior to new stuff , recond block heads and head gaskets done etc have some of the proof but most done by himself.

 

I'm scared for you.

 

2 hours ago, Henasi said:

 

The problems are cars in limp mode has thrown a few codes one being the knock sensor I'm sorting that but have been told that wont cause it to go into limp mode ?

 

Is the knock sensor saying there is knock, or is the ecu saying that the knock sensor is broken? Big difference and I think if the engine is knocking, then it will go into limp mode for sure at some level of knock.

 

2 hours ago, Henasi said:

 

Main cause of concern is

b0223 -  can-hs vdc/abs no receive data

and u1223-  can-hs vdc/abs no receive data .

Few things online and talking to people seem to think could be the abs computer they are common to fault  with some wire in them , if anyone had the abs wiring diagram for a 2003 bp5 legacy that would be great 

 

 

If that's true I doubt a wiring diagram is going to help.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does it even have abs, is there a abs pump connected up in the engine bay?

 

You may want to start by checking the part numbers on the ECU and abs etc to see if they are from the car originally.


the. Go checking for unconnected plugs and cut wires. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2021 at 12:16 AM, Gripless said:

Does it even have abs, is there a abs pump connected up in the engine bay?

 

You may want to start by checking the part numbers on the ECU and abs etc to see if they are from the car originally.


the. Go checking for unconnected plugs and cut wires. 

Yep has abs the "subaru specialist " local shop have confirmed its abs communication error but I already told them that as I have scanned it and got those codes. but they have been pretty useless so have got the car back 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, Loren said:

Hi

 

 

I'm scared for you.

 

 

Is the knock sensor saying there is knock, or is the ecu saying that the knock sensor is broken? Big difference and I think if the engine is knocking, then it will go into limp mode for sure at some level of knock.

 

 

If that's true I doubt a wiring diagram is going to help.

Knock sensor had been wired in bad there is no detonation happening have sorted  knock sensor now and the "subaru specialist " said it wouldnt cause it to go into limp more but the have done bugger all and have had the car a week so I've got it back and taking it to a auto spark tomorrow , cars pretty algood drives well altho in limp mode on the short drive I've done

Edited by Henasi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...