Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v7 mods

chriszzz

really getting ampd for my v7 arriving in a few weeks!!. want to get some power out of it.

What would I need to do to get around 250kw and it be reasonably reliable?

Was gonna start with exhaust and ecu flash (also who in aux can do ecu flash), and see how much power that gets me.

Apart from this, what do you guys think should be done next to push the power up a little more?

Thanks in advance.

nt_a_foz said:

g4 link (only due to putting into gc8 so needed ecu to run the cam timing)

front mount

full 3 inch exhuast

and a tune basically..

Oh 500hp walbro pump with a fuel pump relay to up the voltage along with split fuel rail..

also it is a V8 motor so has different turbo (twin scroll), not sure what else if different

& it also has adjustable fuel pressure reg (which can up the injector cc rating)

Basic mods should be as you have already described, exhaust, cold air intake or high flow air filter, and an ECU reflash. Speed Source up north has had good results recently and has published some of their prices recently in Performance Car Magazine for examples of power output vs $ figures.

I can dig out a recent example if you need to, and if no one else does it first.

V7 wrx, okish nothing special but an STi yeah thats where the fun is at haha

It will go pretty damn good, depends on the track if ur on a long straight as the v8 can gain the upper hand in the top end. Although this can be mitigated once u get the mods done quite easily, and once u hit the twisty stuff its all over rover as the sti takes the win easy. ;)

The HSV will probably have the measure of you unless you do a serious launch.

I'd spend my money on turbo back exhaust, ECU reflash, and some used STi suspension. That's probably the biggest bang for your buck performance wise. Intake is apparently not a restriction on mildy modified engine.

chriszzz said:

sweet thanks for all the input.

how much power am I likely to get on standard engine with exhaust and ecu reflash?

i know a mate who has exhaust and reflash and got 220 at the wheels

with no reflash and just with exhaust and good boost controller another mate has 208 at the wheels

Simon C said:

The HSV will probably have the measure of you unless you do a serious launch.

I'd spend my money on turbo back exhaust, ECU reflash, and some used STi suspension. That's probably the biggest bang for your buck performance wise. Intake is apparently not a restriction on mildy modified engine.

Never had one get the better of me... ;)

and on an open road with corners...it's just soooo unfair...i almost feel sorry for them...almost...

haha yeah the handling is unbelievable compared to bigger heavier old man v8's.

i remember a year or so ago my brothers friend wanted to race my dad. my dad had a e39 540i bmw, liek 220kw, raced my brothers friends v4 or 5 sti, he semi kept up on the straights but it was a joke at the first corner the subaru pulled way ahead.